How do you feel about the NHL All-Star Game?

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
Since Sandra had a hockey-related thread outside the NHL thread, I'd like to follow suit.

This weekend, the NHL's 57th All-Star Game will take place in Montreal.

This is my favorite of all the All-Star Games.

While a lot of people ridicule the fact that there is no defense or checking (*cough* Jimbo *cough*), I say this: do they think before they realize what they're saying?

I lived through the dead-puck era. I don't want to see anymore 1-0 or 2-1 games. I saw too many of those.

I like to see goals. I don't want to see teams getting off only 20 shots a game and barely getting into the opposing team's attacking zone.

I want to see goals. I don't want to see boring defensive slugfests.

I love games like the 14-12 shootout in 2001.

How do YOU guys feel about it?

I've never actually watched an entire NHL game...I didn't know the allstar game was this weekend? Will it be on a major network or will it be hidden on Vs.?

Personally, I love the hard-hitting, tight-checking, fists-a-flying slugfests just as much as I do some of the free-skating, high-scoring affairs. To me, it's all about the matchups and making changes in the lineup and style of play in order to exploit the other team's weaknesses. As far as the All-Star game goes...I love it! It's a great way to showcase the NHL's speed & skills, and quickly fill-up the net. I doubt the netminders care too much for the game.

I know you posed this question at us before because I remember responding. :confused:

I am not that overly-excited about it. I will watch it, but it's not REAL hockey as no one wants to get hurt in an exhibition.

Plus with No "Sid the Kid" again this year = BORING!

The skills competition will be fun to watch, though. I am enjoying the way that has developed.

I like it and I'll watch...................I just wish they would change the format to North Americans vs. Europeans.

If u like 'pond hockey' then this is the game to watch. Me, I like the introductions when they boo my hometown Bruins players! Baseball has the only remaining somewhat competitive all-star game. Paul

All All-Star Games are wonderful, and the NHL is more like a "real" game than baseball, where pitchers and hitters unnaturally work only an inning or two, or the Pro Bowl, where the play book is reduced to a few pages the players learned in middle school.

But the North America vs. Europe format works so much better. It is a natural for the NHL, while a "west" that includes Columbus and Detroit is unnatural and meaningless.

Since Sandra had a hockey-related thread outside the NHL thread, I'd like to follow suit.

This weekend, the NHL's 57th All-Star Game will take place in Montreal.

This is my favorite of all the All-Star Games.

While a lot of people ridicule the fact that there is no defense or checking (*cough* Jimbo *cough*), I say this: do they think before they realize what they're saying?

I lived through the dead-puck era. I don't want to see anymore 1-0 or 2-1 games. I saw too many of those.

I like to see goals. I don't want to see teams getting off only 20 shots a game and barely getting into the opposing team's attacking zone.

I want to see goals. I don't want to see boring defensive slugfests.

I love games like the 14-12 shootout in 2001.

How do YOU guys feel about it?

Then you better hope your team doesn't play the Red Wings thruout the year, you will not get into our end and won't score much and won't get many shots either.

I use to be able to tell if the Wings played a good playoff game by the number of shots they allowed.
If it was over 20-25 they had a tough game and may have lost, normally they would out shoot the opposition 2:1 and sometimes still lose, however when they do outshoot you 2:1 your team will score due to the goalie being bored. :D

Jimbo

As far as the All Star game, I hardly ever watch it.
I DO like the skills competition and will watch that if I have time.

The NHL all star game is NOT hockey, it's balarenia's with sticks.

They may as well take the goalies out and let them play the game without them, no one bothers to help the goalies, in a real game the D plays D as well as move the puck.

I'm sure you'll see plenty of cherry picking as well, the one thing that put Mario on the map.

The all star game is OK but I am sure glad it is not this way all of the time. I personally love the hard hitting smash mouth hockey of old. It is just like basketball where I would love to see the player performing a showboating dunk during the game get taken out and land flat on their back.

I will watch a little bit of it, but doubt I will watch the entire thing.

I enjoy Hockey, but as with all all star games, except maybe for baseball....

Move on...Nothing to see here

I've never actually watched an entire NHL game...I didn't know the allstar game was this weekend? Will it be on a major network or will it be hidden on Vs.?
Yes it is on VS in the USA but if you can get a Canadian TV I think that it is on CBC

I'm watching a little bit of it. I'm not really even a hockey fan but I figured an All Star Hockey Game, I'll check it out.

I like watching hockey, especially playoff hockey. Even olympic hockey is fun to watch now that the pros play in them games. But the all star game? Whats that goat say? Nah, nah, nah. Go Red Wings!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts