How do you feel about the NHL All-Star Game?

I love the NHL.To me there is almost NO other sports season.I love this game to death.
I have been to every NHL city in North America through the past 20 years or so.I can't get enough of my Flyers,Sharks & the NHL.To this date I have NEVER watched a ASG.To me it is just a Circus of the Stars.I'll take a hard hitting match up anyday over balerinas on ice.
An All Star Game or Pro Bowl does nothing for me.I do like to watch the skills competition.
They can be entertaining.

Let me just say that the game I saw was amazing.

23 goals combined- second most in All-Star Game history!

Hometown hero Kovalev wins the game MVP!

Of course, some of us weren't too happy- Sandra probably wasn't too happy with her Swedish squeeze giving up five goals in the second period. You gonna give him a pass?

I lived through the dead-puck era. I don't want to see anymore 1-0 or 2-1 games. I saw too many of those.

I like to see goals. I don't want to see teams getting off only 20 shots a game and barely getting into the opposing team's attacking zone.

I want to see goals. I don't want to see boring defensive slugfests.
There hasn't been an ASG with less than five total goals scored in the last 30 years.... :confused:

IMO these games are not real hockey, merely offensive showcasing, like watching my son play NHL '09 on the Xbox.

Let me just say that the game I saw was amazing.

23 goals combined- second most in All-Star Game history!

Hometown hero Kovalev wins the game MVP!

Of course, some of us weren't too happy- Sandra probably wasn't too happy with her Swedish squeeze giving up five goals in the second period. You gonna give him a pass?

That game was so boring, no checking into the boards, no D, there was nothing good about that game.

I hope the league doesn't get rid of what makes hockey good.

No Red Wings, and a Pistons game on at the same time.

Sabre, I still wouldn't have watched even if there were Red Wings playing. BTW, missed most of the Piston's game also. I only watch the Piston's sparingly until the playoffs start. NBA basketball is lower on my list of priorities than NCAA basketball, and below the Red Wings, which are all below watching regular TV. Tigers and Lions are must watch priorities above everything. Plus two little ones take priority above everything, except posting here.:D

I didn't watch any of it. I was watching the PBS special on MLBTV "Baseball" by Ken Burns that I taped on Tuesday.

The NHL all star game is an exhibition designed to showcase the finesse players.

There are no grinders out there just scorers and play makers.

I watch it for the skills comp, young stars game and just the passing plays that develop when they are trying to be creative and there is limited defensive pressure.

As a hockey player that still plays in the local adult league, I am envious of the things these guys can accomplish with the puck.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts