How do you feel about your NFL team at midseason?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

SabresRule

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Apr 15, 2008
Wisconsin
We are at the NFL's halfway point this season, and I was wondering how you feel about your team after half a season?

I'll start- my Bills are 3-4, which is better than I initially projected, but our woeful offense is holding back a not-too-bad defense.

Worse than hoped (expected 2 wins in first half of season), but in the hands of winners in the form of Pioli and Haley who made a big difference for Arizona last year. They just have to deal with a lot of bad players from the previous regime that never panned out and it could take a couple of years to have a team that makes Arrowhead a scary place to play again.

Haley may not be the answer, but Pioli most surely will get the team where it needs to go, just as he did in New England helping build that dynasty.

Players like Chambers and Vrable aren't a long term solutions, but instead a band aid to provide more stability while the yunger players develop or show they can't do more than they already are so they can be ditched.

The Browns record is what I expected. The offense is worse than expected and the defense is a little better. The amount of dysfunction within the organization is a complete shock.

miami is pretty much where i thought. our schedule is the hardest in the league this year and we didn't do enough during the off season to improve so there are the results. i think miami is still on the right track but much more is needed to be done to become a solid playoff team. i'll be very surprised if we do make it again to the playoffs this season.

Steelers,
About right, they are in the thick of things at 5-2 and winners of 4 straight.
Tied with Cincy, only because Cincy is playing much better than anyone thought they would.
They beat the Viking's when they were undefeated and play another surprising team in the Bronc's next week.
You would normally expect the Bronco's to be there in the thick of things, but only 1 loss and that being in the last game they played, thats pretty good for them.

Now if the Steeler's come out playing, this should be another Great game for the NFL on Monday night.

Well let's see.

Bengals get an A+ because I never expected them to be this good right away.

Redskins get a Z........do grades go that far down? LOL Losing to the Lions to snap their losing streak should not have happened.

Initially I said before the season that I'd be thrilled with 6 wins. It would be two games better than last year and I didn't think it was asking too much since we have an easier schedule this year. Overall though, I was just looking for improvement out of my team. I realized we'd be in the midst of a regime change, but I still wanted to see progress.

So far, my expectations have been quite a let down. To say I've been disappointed in just about every aspect of this team would be a huge understatement.

Chargers only have one loss that I wasn't counting on, but that was to the Broncos. Looks like an uphill climb to the playoffs. I just hope that the NFC East brings Denver back to reality. The Chargers start with Philly this week, and I'm not optimistic.

I'll comment on Rex Ryan, because he has made himself bigger than the team...both literally and figuratively.

He of course is good at motivation, and I think his pre-game X's and O's are pretty good too. He gets way too emotionally involved in the game, though, and sometimes loses track of what is going on at the moment. It's OK for a defensive coordinator to do that, but not the head coach.

But as I said before, he takes great pride in annoying everyone outside the organization (including me), and that can hurt his team in the long run.

Sandra

My Jokeland Faiders have been terrible to see. I am GREATLY disappointed after ending the year on a good and positive note. BUT with that said, I doubt most teams would have done well when all but one offensive linemen has been out and your best, albeit little experienced WR, was out. I was hoping for a 2 game improvement to last year, but considering how much tougher the schedule was gonna be this year, that was not realistic. IF they end up with 6 wins, which is possible, but not probable....I would be happy.:eek::(

Steelers are doing good, they have the Broncos, Bungles, Chiefs and Pigeons up next. If they can win three of the four they will be in good shape.

Steelers are doing good, they have the Broncos, Bungles, Chiefs and Pigeons up next. If they can win three of the four they will be in good shape.

Not if one of the 4 is to the Bengals. :D

I wouldn't even call what we have here a team...my 7 year old's flag football team has a better offense then the Cleveland Browns.:rolleyes:

But what can anyone expect? We have not had a solid team since that bastard Modell took our team out of the city way back when! Let us see, we've had Tim Couch as a QB, followed by Derek Anderson...NO wait, Brady Quinn....No wait, it's Derek Anderson...Ooops my bad, its Quinn...no, it's Anderson? :rant:

You can not expect to win football games when the lead story on the news every season is, "The Browns Quarterback Controversy." How the hell is anyone supposed to focus on creating a solid offense when they don't even know who the QB is going to be from game to game?!

We have only TWO bright spots on the entire team, that is Josh Cribbs who we are not going to be able to afford to keep much longer, (kinda like the Cleveland INDIANS and Cliff Lee :rant:) and Phil Dawson our kicker who hasn't been able to play at all this year! He is the VERY LAST ORIGINAL Cleveland Brown and has been the only highlight on the reel until recently with Cribbs.

We are 1-7. ONE AND SEVEN! Gee, who would have thought that hiring MANGINI would turn out to be a BAD idea? :rolleyes: :p :rant:

woah... another Cleveland fan on this site?! Some states may be bigger, more populated or even have better teams, but our city has to be one of the best represented sports cities on EARTH!

Welcome Trailer! :)

and most depressed.

Someone on another forum pointed out that the Browns + the 0-2 Cavs + the 2 starting Cy Young pitchers starting in the WS used to be Indians = some people in Cleveland must want to cut themselves. Obviously this was a few days ago, no idea how the Cavs are doing.

and most depressed.

Someone on another forum pointed out that the Browns + the 0-2 Cavs + the 2 starting Cy Young pitchers starting in the WS used to be Indians = some people in Cleveland must want to cut themselves. Obviously this was a few days ago, no idea how the Cavs are doing.

We're survivors. Pain and suffering is what we do best. We'll get through these tough times though. I have faith. Besides, what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)