How do you feel about your NFL team at midseason?

Chargers only have one loss that I wasn't counting on, but that was to the Broncos. Looks like an uphill climb to the playoffs. I just hope that the NFC East brings Denver back to reality. The Chargers start with Philly this week, and I'm not optimistic.

Looks like the AFC Central could do that for you. :)

Don't know. We don't have an NFL team.

(although they are going to be building a stadium 3 miles from my house.)

As a Cleveland fan I am afraid to say anything good about the Cavs...the jinx you know! If you say anything even remotely positive about a Cleveland team then you can FORGET about it...! You've sunk the team for the year! ;)

Look what happened to the Cavs...The Sports Illustrated Cover curse! They put Shaq and LeBron on the cover before the season started and we lost.

Everyone's right though...Cleveland fans are some of the most dedicated fans in the world. We might bitch and moan our teams but they are OUR teams and for better or for worse, we'll stand by them in the end. :)

The Cavs are on right now. I can't say I am sold yet on adding Shaq; the guy makes "Z" look like Speed Racer LOL! I love "Z" though...totally underrated in my opinion.

Let me just hope it's different with this coaching staff for the Lions. So far, everyone is saying the right things. Results are about the same as the last 7 years.

Let's talk about this again after next year and the roster is completely overhauled.

Again.

And Again.

And......

Yesterday it was confirmed to me again how bad miami needs a receiver! We did nothing to get chambers and its evident that we don't have any good receivers. We have plenty who can drop the ball. Ginn jr is great returning kicks but that's it. He showed again yesterday that he can't be a top receiver in this league. Not even a good one. I'm pretty happy with the qb so far

Chiefs making progress, offense still not clicking, but some strides made this week.

Chambers - late in the game scored his first 2 TDs as a Chief
Long - Might have found our Wes Welker to compliment Bowe and Chambers.

With the above two and Bowe, we could be set at WR for a few seasons while other stuff stabilizes. By then we'll need a replacement for Chambers (likely Bradley), but it's progress nonetheless.

Offensive line preventing anymore progress here, there were some WRs wide open in the end zone this game @ JAX and they were missed because Cassel was too busy avoiding pressure.

Defense playing really well... until you get to our safeties. Anything that gets past the linebackers/CBs is a home run against this team, Mike Brown should not be in the NFL, dude is playing awful. The Chiefs have allowed several 50+ yard plays, probably lead the league in allowing them.

Colts 8 - 0, feel good about it. However they desperately need a run game! Lost Sanders AGAIN, and the D could use some improvement.

Fortunately for me, I hail from New England, so I don't have to consider the Redskins to be "my home team", and probably won't untiil Dan Snyder dies.

I've considered New England to be vulnerable defensively for the last couple of years, but the salary cap eventually forces such vulnerabilities to develop, as it now costs them ten times as much a year to keep Brady at QB as it did in, say, 2002. Their impressive +/- differential becomes less impressive when you take their rout win out of the picture. Ask me again after this Sunday nights contest against Indianapolis.

The Redskins created their own salary cap problem by paying one outstanding defensive player, Haynesworth, $100 million over seven years. He is spectacular, but if they had instead, say, signed a 6 million dollar a year player, and upgraded eight other positions by a million dollars each with the available salary cap space, then they'd surely be a better team than they are now.

These Danny Boy, big-name signings are even more crippling than they seem. As I understand it, about $20 million of that $100 million is a signing bonus that is prorated over the length of the contract, but three or four years from now, when Haynesworth is no longer worth $14 million a year, if he is released I think that the entire remainder of the pro-rated signing bonus comes off that next year, meaning that they will be starting yet another season with their fiscal hands tied behind their backs.

That's true, but they'll also save the like $20m they'll have owed him in the final year of his contract, it's realistically like a whatever year $65m or something.
That sounds like something for an old Alan King routine:

"So my wife said to me, 'Honey, I saved you $80 today' and I said, 'Really? How did you do that?' and she said, 'I bought a new hat for $20, but I didn't buy a new dress to go with it!' "

Ba-da-boom!

Ah, found the real values:

League sources told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that a $29 million "poison pill" in the fifth year of Haynesworth's contract effectively makes it a four-year deal worth $48 million. The Redskins would owe Haynesworth a lump sum of $29 million in salary and bonuses in 2013, the fifth year of the deal. It is unlikely the team will pay the full commitment of $100 million over seven years unless the contract is re-negotiated. Haynesworth will receive $41 million in guaranteed money.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)