how do you find what satellite your local channels are in?

From your other thread I see you are going to try and get an Eastern Arc setup to replace your 2 dishes. I did this back in late April replacing my 2 dish setup. The SD locals are not on 61.5, only the HD's are at this time. SD locals weren't important enough to me to stay with a 2 dish setup. I experience signal loss with thunder storms and severe heavy rain too but its over quickly enough that I don't get upset by it. Snow is never an issue. The installers around the BTV area(I used Prime) should be pretty familiar with EA setups by now. Don't be surprised though that the 77 sat shows very weak signal around here. Pretty much nornal. Nothing on it for us anyway.

hey man, glad to see a local user here too.

Yeah i could care less about the SDs, i can deal with watching the HD channel on SD TV.

Did you have the same setup before? 2 500s?

Have you installed an OTA antenna, i kinda want to get the other HD local channels (ie. 5.2 etc). Is it worth it?

Did you have the same setup before? 2 500s?

Have you installed an OTA antenna, i kinda want to get the other HD local channels (ie. 5.2 etc). Is it worth it?

A Dish 500 was used for 110/119 as you have and a single 300 for 61.5.

Don't have an OTA antenna. Lazy. There are some folks who peruse here from the BTV area(Williston, Essex etc.) who swear by OTA as the picture according to them is better as its uncompressed. For me DISH HD is just fine... but I do wonder. :D

you were right.

I had the installer come in today (Prime) and he rocked. He gave me a good primer about this stuff.

No complains at all, and the reception was surprising good (in the 60s).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts