How do you force a software dowload

Status
Please reply by conversation.

JerryVolunteer

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 30, 2004
Memphis, TN
I read that you restart and hit 02468 at the welcome to D screen. However, when i restart i never see this screen. I have an HR24-500. Thx

Last edited:
press red button on receiver or in the menu under reset it says "restart receiver"
when you see the 1st screen press 0 2 4 6 8 in that order

it should download the newest software regardless if you already have it or not

Ive done this three times and it still says version 452 that was downloaded in Dec. From the chart it should be 457 for my model

If it does not go through the download process it won't pick up the software.
Some of the 24's can be tricky to get to take a download.
On the "Hello" screen press 0 2 4 6 8 slowly 0 one thousand 2 one thousand 4 etc

kjlued said:
If it does not go through the download process it won't pick up the software.
Some of the 24's can be tricky to get to take a download.
On the "Hello" screen press 0 2 4 6 8 slowly 0 one thousand 2 one thousand 4 etc

Thanks, ill try that and see what happens

Ive tried this on my HR24-500 and the newest software it finds is 452 which i already have ao it downloads it but doesnt install it since it is the same.

Does anyone know if the new one is out for the 24-500 or if the 452 software should do you tube?

I think the YouTube feature is in the CE software versions only right now and you can only D/L that at specific times.

charper1 said:
I think the YouTube feature is in the CE software versions only right now and you can only D/L that at specific times.

Do you know at what times? Ive been reading online about all kinds of peopke having this feature with the 24 receiver

Ive tried this on my HR24-500 and the newest software it finds is 452 which i already have ao it downloads it but doesnt install it since it is the same.

Does anyone know if the new one is out for the 24-500 or if the 452 software should do you tube?

I haven't checked, but isn't 452 the National Released sofeware version ?

You won't get the CE software unless you d/l inside the proper time frame.

After about 11:05 PM till about 2:30 am on MOST Friday and Saturday nights.

Check the CE section to verify that your recvr is getting a D/L for the particular night, not all do each week.

452 is the current version for some customers. The new software recently released (past couple weeks) is in a staggered rollout.

DirecTV controls which version you get, I think by account zip code IIRC. In the past they start in the LA area, then add more of the west, then work their way across the country to the east.

They don't just releaes it to everyone incase there is a problem so the phone lines don't blowup.

Regardless of how many times you force a download, you will only get what is authorized for your receiver.

CE-cutting edge

Its beta software that you can download. Most of the time its nothing decent but I know when I did it the info banner was "enhanced"...had some cool options on it
The youtube software was available about a month before it was pushed out to the subs

452 is the current version for some customers. The new software recently released (past couple weeks) is in a staggered rollout.

DirecTV controls which version you get, I think by account zip code IIRC. In the past they start in the LA area, then add more of the west, then work their way across the country to the east.

They don't just releaes it to everyone incase there is a problem so the phone lines don't blowup.

Regardless of how many times you force a download, you will only get what is authorized for your receiver.

whats the current versin for hd dvr hr 24/200? current version of hr 24/220 hd receiver? i have x0454 for the hd hdvr and x0450 for the hd receiver.ty for any replies and help :)

ty jason i just seen this posted i guess today or yesterday is this going to be the new version for the hr 24?... Jason Crandall
Proud Staff Member
Proud SatelliteGuys Staff Member
Proud Staff Member Join Date:Apr 3rd, 2005
Systems in this CE
H21-100 • H21-200 • H23-600 - 0x447B
H24-100 • H24-200 • H24-700 - 0x047B

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, February 18, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, February 19, 2011 11:00PM - 2:30AM ET

Risk Level for this Download:
High Risk

New features
None

Improved/Updated
Under the hood

Notes
Please send logs along with all reports, including MRV issues

New features
CE:23:01(0x446B/0x046B)
Enhanced Channel Banner!

Thanks everyone, i tried the update tonight and still was unable to get it. I am in Tennessee so I hope its not too long till its available to the east coast

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)