AZBOX how do you input a bunch of satellites that were accidently deleted?

chaskuchar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Apr 16, 2010
saint charles, missouri
since I had an lnbf installed incorrectly I had duplicate tp's with both vertical and horizontal listed. as I am going through scanning the satellites with my azbox I have been going to the edit/delete page and deleting all the tp's and rescanning the satellite. unfortunately this time I forgot to move the cursor to the tp and instead I was happily deleting satellites instead... as soon as I realized this I shut off the receiver. I do have a saved backup in the last couple of days but how hard is it to input the satellite? I am thinking it could be easier to delete and input a satellite instead of trying to delete all the tp's on the satellite. good thing it is fall and I don't have much gardening to do so I have the time to play with this box. charlie

Charlie;
I always keep an up-to-date back up of the 3 files that contain all the satellite and setup info. Unfortunately, with being not able to network either wirelessly or wired, it does me no good. I don't know how to replace all 3 files with the USB... I hesitate to give any advice on your problem, as I think I got into mine by deleting something I shouldn't have.....

I always seem to get into trouble when deleting satellites. The Azbox gets a little confused and starts doing things on its own. You might be further ahead to format the application area and restore the backup files.

I input the satellites that I deleted. it was harder figuring out which key to push for the letters than anything else. it was almost as fast as deleting the tp's instead. now I am not afraid of deleting a satellite by mistake. charlie

...it was harder figuring out which key to push for the letters than anything else.
You mean you haven't memorized which key number and how many times to press it to get a letter?? :p
I understand newer remotes have numbers and letters on the key, but this has got to be the only product that requires you to memorize where all 26 letters are located on the keypad.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)