how do you take a Von Wiese apart

Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I am trying to get the Von Wiese apart so I can re grease it. I took the boot down and removed the 3 screws from the tube and it will turn a bit but will not slide free from the motor. Does one need to take the top off the motor and remove a nut or somthing? thanks

Got it apart no need to reply. thanks

Last edited:
If you search the forum there are some posts from earlier this year that show disassembly and maintenance of actuators.

After removing the 3 screws around the tube I had to keep moving it back and forth in the small amounts that it would while pulling on it then it finally slid away from the motor. I cleaned it up washed it down with wd40 and put new grease on it and it works well now. I did a search on it and found pictures of one taken apart. Mine is a bit different but comes apart the same.
For future reference to others that may need this info. What was the trick to get it apart?

After removing the 3 screws around the tube I had to keep moving it back and forth in the small amounts that it would while pulling on it then it finally slid away from the motor. I cleaned it up washed it down with wd40 and put new grease on it and it works well now. I did a search on it and found pictures of one taken apart. Mine is a bit different but comes apart the same.
I sure hope you used Lithium grease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)