how do you take a Von Wiese apart

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

cruzin

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 13, 2009
michigan
I am trying to get the Von Wiese apart so I can re grease it. I took the boot down and removed the 3 screws from the tube and it will turn a bit but will not slide free from the motor. Does one need to take the top off the motor and remove a nut or somthing? thanks

Got it apart no need to reply. thanks

Last edited:
If you search the forum there are some posts from earlier this year that show disassembly and maintenance of actuators.

After removing the 3 screws around the tube I had to keep moving it back and forth in the small amounts that it would while pulling on it then it finally slid away from the motor. I cleaned it up washed it down with wd40 and put new grease on it and it works well now. I did a search on it and found pictures of one taken apart. Mine is a bit different but comes apart the same.
For future reference to others that may need this info. What was the trick to get it apart?

After removing the 3 screws around the tube I had to keep moving it back and forth in the small amounts that it would while pulling on it then it finally slid away from the motor. I cleaned it up washed it down with wd40 and put new grease on it and it works well now. I did a search on it and found pictures of one taken apart. Mine is a bit different but comes apart the same.
I sure hope you used Lithium grease.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts