How does protection plan and 2-year free upgrade work?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Keekz804

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 15, 2012
Earth
So I have had Directv for almost two years. It wasn't until about a couple months ago that my box stopped working and the dish needed to be adjusted. Now instead of charging me a fee to have someone come out they let me add the protection plan and I wasn't charged aside from the $9.95 fee pretty nice gesture from them. I have a couple questions though about getting free upgrades, it was mentioned but we didn't go into detail as I was just trying to get up and running.

Is there a certain amount of time that you have to have the protection plan in order to get free upgrades? If not is there any type of hidden fees? Do you have to agree to a new 2-year deal? Do they upgrade your main box as well as the genies? If I cancelled the protection plan after I got upgrades would that not be allowed?

Thanks guys

So I have had Directv for almost two years. It wasn't until about a couple months ago that my box stopped working and the dish needed to be adjusted. Now instead of charging me a fee to have someone come out they let me add the protection plan and I wasn't charged aside from the $9.95 fee pretty nice gesture from them. I have a couple questions though about getting free upgrades, it was mentioned but we didn't go into detail as I was just trying to get up and running.

Is there a certain amount of time that you have to have the protection plan in order to get free upgrades? If not is there any type of hidden fees? Do you have to agree to a new 2-year deal? Do they upgrade your main box as well as the genies? If I cancelled the protection plan after I got upgrades would that not be allowed?

Thanks guys

IF they upgrade to a new recvr, Yes you will have a new 2 yr commitment.
Remember, there are 2 different PPs out there, one for just the D* equipment and another that covers most all your equipment.
For those that have the one that covers all thier equipment, I believe it only covers $2000 worth, so it's not gonna cover your High End TV ect.

You are supposed to get a free upgrade after you have had the protection plan for two years.
So in about 1 month from now it would be 2-years altogether that I had Directv service, since I only had the protection plan for a few months prior I wouldn't be eligible for the upgrades on the boxes?

From what I understand is that you need to have the protection plan for two years in order to receive the free upgrade. However, I could be wrong. I've been a DTV customer for over two years now and have had the protection plan the whole time. I believe that the current protection plan that states the free upgrade began in August of 2012 and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade until August of 2014. Check your account online and it will tell you when you can take advantage of the free upgrade.

From what I understand is that you need to have the protection plan for two years in order to receive the free upgrade. However, I could be wrong. I've been a DTV customer for over two years now and have had the protection plan the whole time. I believe that the current protection plan that states the free upgrade began in August of 2012 and I'm not eligible for a free upgrade until August of 2014. Check your account online and it will tell you when you can take advantage of the free upgrade.
I didn't know you could do that. I just checked and you guys are right I'm not eligible till next year. I wonder how much it is to upgrade to the HR44 and if it would come with upgraded genies as well, or were the genies not upgraded?

If you already have an HR34, going to an HR44 isn't an upgrade.

Mostly I wanted to be sure that Keekz804 understood.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts