How fast is your Comcast HSI

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Neighbor has a high speed wireless system. Not sure if it is Comcast or not, but I am able to connect and use it at 11mbps frequently. Isn't always that fast, but is always faster than dial-up. I guess that I should be ashamed hitching a ride on his system without him knowing it.

FAYRICH said:
Neighbor has a high speed wireless system. Not sure if it is Comcast or not, but I am able to connect and use it at 11mbps frequently. Isn't always that fast, but is always faster than dial-up. I guess that I should be ashamed hitching a ride on his system without him knowing it.

I should be so lucky. I'd be happy with 3Mbps. Since i'm not as stated I might as well save money and get about the same speed for $30 rather than the $52 from Comcast which includes life line cable. Seems like lots of people have a high rate of speed with Comcast but me.

Ron

ronfelder said:
I should be so lucky. I'd be happy with 3Mbps. Since i'm not as stated I might as well save money and get about the same speed for $30 rather than the $52 from Comcast which includes life line cable. Seems like lots of people have a high rate of speed with Comcast but me.

Ron
Got rid of my 2.4Mbps comcast for my 2.8Mbps Verizon. Verizon only adverises 3Mbps comared to comcast's 6Mbps. But atleast their number is more realistic. It's allot closer to what I atcually get. I personally don't know many people who get above the low 3's if that at all. Plus Verizon is allot cheaper. Oh yes, I didn't have to buy a modem to sign up. Verizon gave it to me. Not Comcast.

Ron

Last edited:
HAHA that 100mbps is your nic card . speed from your modem or router to your pc.. its a 10/100 eth card.... your speed is either 4/6/8 mbit on comcast.

NYRANGERS said:
1,000Mbps comes up in that bubble on the desktop. I go to Seton Hall University in South Orange, New Jersey. Not a lot of people know about us unless you follow college basketball. Its one of the best wired schools in the nation. We have campus wide wireless and every student gets an IBM ThinkPad laptop. Thats the one great thing the school has is the technology aspect.

mdp1116 said:
HAHA that 100mbps is your nic card . speed from your modem or router to your pc.. its a 10/100 eth card.... your speed is either 4/6/8 mbit on comcast.

Yeah we came to that conclusion in a earlier post. I ran a speed check and I got 1.5 MBPS. I am using wireless and I couldn't tell you if i have 4 6 or 8Mbits.

NYRANGERS said:
Yeah we came to that conclusion in a earlier post. I ran a speed check and I got 1.5 MBPS. I am using wireless and I couldn't tell you if i have 4 6 or 8Mbits.

That's not very fast for cable. In fact i wouldn't pay all that money just to go that spped. It's even slwoer than I was. Again trying to save money and get somethign for my money is why I left cable internet for dsl.

Ron

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts