• Satisfied - a few problems but okay for a new product

Votes: 63 37.3%
  • Less than Satisfied - too many annoying bugs

Votes: 10 5.9%
  • Very Dissatisfied - major problems and/or had to exchange unit

Votes: 10 5.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
After 117 votes the Very Satisfieds and Satisfieds combine for almost 90%!!!

Wow!

From reading the bug threads, I had the impression that there were far more dissatisfied users. This is a big thumbs up for the 622.

I have 1 that other than the jumpy video every so often works great.Then I have 1 that does the loud reboot every hour.I called it a POS in another forum and got reamed for bashing dish by one of their so called mods.It is and I am trying to get a replacement with not much luck.Because I own it maybe? I don't know what the problem with them getting back to me is.Still waiting.

Mine seems to get into some wierd mode where it shows color pixels strong and blinking all over ever 4-5 days. If I press guide or info or whatever, the channel goes black with the overlay looking fine.

Then until reboot, it stays this way, audio, no video, except overlays.

OK. I voted stisfied, but for the past 3 days, it has all of a sudden gone black (No audio/video) and I have to reset.

Had mine replaced a few weeks ago. Was always rebooting. The new one is performaing very well *knocks on wood*

The main thing I keep seeing over and over and over is video stuttering on live sat channels. Yesterday I had audio drop outs on the RAVE channel and it was live as well. I keep doing a reboot nightly before primetime tv so it won't start stuttering like crazy. I only notice this on my main 622 not my bedroom 622.

Please Fix the video stuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!!

I voted satisfied although I had to do a return. I was disatisfied with the original defective unit. I am satisfied with the working unit and feel that once the software bugs are ironed out it will outperform the 942 and then I will be very satisfied.

I went from a 811 to a VIP622. This is also my first DVR. I installed the receiver on 3/31 and it has worked flawlessly ever since. The picture quality in SD is so much better than the 811 that when I said let's upgrade the other 811 my wife said go do it. If anyone was debating moving up from a 811 to a VIP622, it's worth it. It appears that they've worked through the hardware bugs after the 2/1 release.

MikeD-C05,
If there is a problem on one receiver and not the other, wouldn't you suspect the receiver OR your main audio/video equipment. Have you tried swapping out the receivers to see if the problem follows the receiver or stays with the AV equip.

I watch Rave all the time and have never seen a Live program. The ones that I have seen were recorded live and played back (over and over again) but never any that were broadcast live. What were you watching?

Bagman
ps I don't have my 622 yet. I do have a 921 and an 811 and have never had a whole lot of problems out of either.

MikeD-C05 said:
The main thing I keep seeing over and over and over is video stuttering on live sat channels. Yesterday I had audio drop outs on the RAVE channel and it was live as well. I keep doing a reboot nightly before primetime tv so it won't start stuttering like crazy. I only notice this on my main 622 not my bedroom 622.

Please Fix the video stuuuuuuuuuttttttttteeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrriiiiiiinnnnnnnngggggggg!!!!!!!!!!

I have had mine for 3 weeks now. It has worked flawlessly. Well, ok, I did run into the video stutter issue once, but a reboot took care of it. Someone also posted somewhere else that you can get it to stop stuttering if you pause for a few seconds so you aren't watching "Live" TV anymore - but that won't help if you are setting up timers. I came from a HR10-250 (TIVO) on DirecTV and this thing is light years ahead of the TIVO.

I've had mine for 3 weeks and like it except I can't always rely on the OTA timers to launch. Sometimes they show up in the guide as a "record dot", and other times they dissappear.
On at least 3 occasions, the picture pixulated and froze, then everything went black. Only a reboot brings it back to life.
These are major issues that must be resolved, but I do like the unit nonetheless.
HD is awesome. It makes watching SD almost unbearable. Looking forward to the day that EVERYTHING is in HD.

Bagman said:
MikeD-C05,
If there is a problem on one receiver and not the other, wouldn't you suspect the receiver OR your main audio/video equipment. Have you tried swapping out the receivers to see if the problem follows the receiver or stays with the AV equip.

I watch Rave all the time and have never seen a Live program. The ones that I have seen were recorded live and played back (over and over again) but never any that were broadcast live. What were you watching?

Bagman
ps I don't have my 622 yet. I do have a 921 and an 811 and have never had a whole lot of problems out of either.

No I am not going to move the 622 around , because I see many here and on other boards suffer from the same symptoms of video stuttering. So no reason to move since it is a software bug. As far as what I was watching I don't remember but I have seen the same show before and it did it then too. Like I said I do a reboot nightly to avoid most of these problems . I just want it fixed.

I recorded the HD feed of FOX from New York and their severe audio dropouts have diminished. There were about 6 hiccups during "24" Monday night, but much less than the 3-4 a minutes that made the channel unwatchable a few weeks back. I'm recording both the SD and HD feeds for now until I am sure the bugs are dead....

It has gotten moswt of the recordings I want. Just makes ure that you take the time to keep updating your priorities list so shows that aren't as important to you don't bump those that are......

But compared to my 921 this thing is WAY more stable....

I have had mine since March 9th. I did not initially have many problems but lately I have had issues where the screen will freeze and then go black and the box has initiated a re-boot. It has happened 3-4 times this week. I am about to contact Dish about it to make sure I don't have a bad box.

I'm ecstatic with my 622. It's my first NBR and also first/only HD receiver.

Considering everything, it's great.

I just wish E* would launch Austin, TX HD-LIL, so I could record more than 2 (CBS + 1 OTA) HD network shows at the same time.

There are times I want ABC + NBC :(

LER

Very satisfied Had mine a couple of weeks, had very very minor stuttering but it goes away without a reboot in a few seconds
Also have a 942 also had no issues with it that i can remember.
I still maintain that OTA is a major bug area and as i dont use it that explains my largely bug free situation so far. The 622 is definatley faster to navigate. I am also using HDMI on the 622 and i also am using digital output . Was using same setup with the 942. Oh BTW 622 is a "b" main board.

Looks like the votes are in.

Since early on, the "Very Satisfied" group has hung at around 50-51%. And the "Satisfied" group at around 37%. So that combines for a very solid 87%-88% positive.

As a 942 leasee, this vote makes me a bit less nervous about eventually going to a 622.

Random turn on and channel change

Those are my two problems. I've had to reboot it only twice in 2 weeks, so, for new stuff, I ain't complaining too much.

Anybody else having these problems? I even stuck the attenae attenuator on the wire thinking it might be a neighbor's remote intereferrring.

NewMexicoHostage said:
Those are my two problems. I've had to reboot it only twice in 2 weeks, so, for new stuff, I ain't complaining too much.

Anybody else having these problems? I even stuck the attenae attenuator on the wire thinking it might be a neighbor's remote intereferrring.

For the channel change problem - change the remote address.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)