How I Met Your Mother

Next Episode: Season 3, Episode 6

Monday, October 21, 2013

"Knight Vision": Ted chooses poorly when deciding who will be his date for the wedding weekend; Barney and Robin have a problem with the minister; Marshall learns more about his driving companion.

S~

I am really tired of this whole 72 hours and the slowness of the show.

I am really tired of this whole 72 hours and the slowness of the show.

I agree. By May of next year it will really feel like we are stuck in the Groundhog Day movie. They could of had Ted met his wife to be at the wedding and progress into the full relationship and engagement over the episodes in the winter and spring they could ended with their wedding. This whole 3 day wedding of Barney and Robin was a stupid concept.

I agree. By May of next year it will really feel like we are stuck in the Groundhog Day movie. They could of had Ted met his wife to be at the wedding and progress into the full relationship and engagement over the episodes in the winter and spring they could ended with their wedding. This whole 3 day wedding of Barney and Robin was a stupid concept.

I was OK with the concept, but the execution has been really badly done.

Face it, we all hung around for this last season in order to meet the mother and to get to know her. That's what we invested in. We are now 1/4 of the way through the season, and we have only seen her for about 2 minutes of the premiere. This whole Marshall trapped in a Humvee thing isn't cutting it for me, not is drunk Lilly.

HIMYM, let us MTM and move this thing forward.

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 7

Monday, October 28, 2013

"No Questions Asked": Marshall asks the gang to help remove an upsetting text message from Lily's phone before she sees it.

S~

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 8

Monday, November 4, 2013

"The Lighthouse": Barney is caught in the middle of Robin and Loretta's conflict; Marshall and Daphne discover a stowaway on their road trip; Ted and Cassie visit a lighthouse.

S~

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 9

Monday, November 11, 2013

"Platonish": During a flashback, the gang wonders how the Ted, Robin and Barney love triangle will play out; Barney accepts challenges from Robin and Lily.

S~

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 10

Monday, November 18, 2013

"Mom and Dad": Barney concocts a plan when his father (John Lithgow) arrives at the hotel; Ted thinks he is being framed when a wedding-related duty gets messed up.

S~

I have watched How I Met Your Mother since the beginning, but I am about to delete my timer. The dropoff from last season has been huge and whoever decided to suck the life out of every last minute of the wedding "weekend" should be fired. I can hardly even keep track of what is going on anymore with the whole wedding timeline and all the flashbacks. They should have ended the series last season instead of going out with this crap.

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 11

Monday, November 25, 2013

"Bedtime Stories": Marshall tries to get Marvin to sleep by reciting rhyming bedtime stories.

S~

I'm not a fan of the show, but have been trying to see if this last season will change my mind.
The rhyming episode was just deplorable. :down

I'm not a fan of the show, but have been trying to see if this last season will change my mind.
The rhyming episode was just deplorable. :down

I really wanted to stop and delete it after just 2 mins. The worst show yet of this series.

They gotta take some risks, and this was one that failed. Yes, I hated it for the most part, but did like Gus. Gus was played by Lin-Manual Miranda, the author and lead actor in the Broadway musical 'In the Heights'.

I'm not against experimenting with new things.
A decade ago, many shows tried to have an all-musical episode.
Terrible idea? Sure was.
But I laughed myself silly and loved the ep of Buffy the Vampire Slayer!
Let's just hope other shows don't try this ryming gag.
Or if they do, they manage a better execution. ;)

Next Episode: Season 9, Episode 12

Monday, December 2, 2013

"The Rehearsal Dinner": Robin is dismayed when Barney wants to have their rehearsal dinner at a laser tag arena; Ted aggravates Lily by not following through with a promise.

S~

Disney XD To Show ‘Doctor Who’ Seasons Featuring David Tennant

Boomtowners on Smithsonian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)