How I Met Your Mother

'How I Met Your Mother' Renewed for Two More Seasons

The series, created by Carter Bays and Craig Thomas for 20th TV, centers on Ted Mosby in 2030 (voiced by Bob Saget) telling his children how he met their mother. With the two-year renewal, it is more and more likely that audiences won't be finding out the identity of the mother any time soon -- at least not until 2013.
Source & More: hollywoodreporter.com

One theory I see offered elsewhere is that we get a big clue---if not a total reveal in the wedding episode that ends this season. I am in the minority here but I have always felt that this show is not really about the gimmick it started out with and that it could survive revealing who she is and become more about how they get together etc. In fact this has evolved into an ensemble show and it is questionable that Ted is even the most important character at this point.

One theory I see offered elsewhere is that we get a big clue---if not a total reveal in the wedding episode that ends this season. I am in the minority here but I have always felt that this show is not really about the gimmick it started out with and that it could survive revealing who she is and become more about how they get together etc. In fact this has evolved into an ensemble show and it is questionable that Ted is even the most important character at this point.

It is definitely an ensemble show, and you are right, in many ways it is not always about Ted, but every episode starts with FUTURE Ted telling the story, so he is still pretty important. Yet I also think it could survive revealing who she is, and telling how "the mother" became a part of the "family" that this group of friends represents.

Lithgow is a great actor. He was errific in 3rd rock but he can do more than just the over the top style of humoe from that show.

I know that I am pretty much alone in thinking that this show is not really about Ted meeting the mother of his kids and could survive just fine if we found out who she was (and hey those kids ahave to be pretty tired of Ted's story by now) but according to reports he meets her in the season finale. Of course there is still room for finagling like he meets her but we never see her, he meets three women, and on and on. After all the pilot ended with us finding out this was not a show about how he met and married Robin.

So is this Monday the wedding episode? Do we finally see the mother? Is her name Tracy ? Does the shark get jumped?

'House' Alum Kal Penn Joins 'How I Met Your Mother' in Recurring Role

A CBS spokesperson confirms to The Hollywood Reporter that Penn will be joining How I Met Your Mother in a recurring role, as first reported by TVLine. He’ll play Kevin, a new love interest for Cobie Smulders’ character, Robin, who’s been single, but finally she’s ready to mingle.

'House' Alum Kal Penn Joins 'How I Met Your Mother' in Recurring Role - Hollywood Reporter

Now I am really confused about Barney's wedding. But that is what they are going for I guess.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts