How I Met Your Mother

At first I thought we were learning that Barney and Robin were parents in the future ,but the ending changed that. I still felt sorry for her character though. Sad not to be able to have children ,if you really want them.

But she didn't want them until she couldn't have them. Wasn't that one of the reasons for her and Ted's breakup, he wanted kids and she didn't?

Since the spoiler is out, may as well discuss.

This whole episode was about Barney's and her ambivolence about marriage and kids. She didn't want them until she couldn't have them. Afterward, she looked back on it with regrets. They also killed the developing relationship between the two as she pretty much said at the end that she didn't marry Barney.

I missed where she said she did not marry Barney. I caught that the kids were imaginary but they have made the point that she never has kids before.

Watching an older episode on FX...
Barney said:
How do you keep a girl from becoming your girlfriend...The Rules for Girls are the same as the rules for Gremlins...
1. Never get them wet (never let them take a shower at your place) 2. Keep them away from sunlight(never see them in the light of day) 3. Never feed them after midnight (don't let them sleep over)
:D

Ain't that the truth. Looks like they will milk it for 1 more season, but definitely started the wrap up.

I would say it has 2 more seasons, which would be a great run for a tv series.

I think it started to wrap up once Lily and Marshall moved out to Long Island. The show has 7 seasons. New seasons tend to be more and more expensive because the actors want to leave.

It is already renewed for next season but we don't know if it will be renewed beyond that. BTW I am in the minority in thinking the show could continue for a year or two with the identity of the mother known. It is about far moore than just that big reveal.

It is already renewed for next season but we don't know if it will be renewed beyond that. BTW I am in the minority in thinking the show could continue for a year or two with the identity of the mother known. It is about far moore than just that big reveal.

No, I can see a year of developing the relationship. However, it is an ensemble show. They have moved marshall and Lily into their adult place. About to marry barney off. Ted will meet the Mother during the last episode this year at barney's wedding. All it takes is to give Robin that big break and all is resolved. The old gang is breaking up.

Did you guys miss the episode where Ted gave his old apartment to Marshall and Lily. They are back in the city now. They just haven't sold the house yet.

Did you guys miss the episode where Ted gave his old apartment to Marshall and Lily. They are back in the city now. They just haven't sold the house yet.

Hey he was on a roll! Seriously though they could wrap up the storylines if they want to but this series has never hesitated to change directions or undo what we thought was established. Heck they pulleda surprise in the first episode.

I do agree though that Neil Patrick Harris and Jason Segal in particular could be itching to move on and it would certainly be hard to replace them both. I just would not assume anything.

I am starting to hear rumors that since the ratings are strong next season may not be the last one for this show. I also notice that while we ar hearing a lot of soeculation about the identity of Barney's wife but almost no talk about whether the mother's identity will be revealed on Monday.

Not sure who to trust here. I can seea couple of cast members who may want to move on (Smulders and Segal). But hey we ought to be discussing something about this show in the leadup to the season finale.

Disney XD To Show ‘Doctor Who’ Seasons Featuring David Tennant

Boomtowners on Smithsonian

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts