How important is HGTV?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I would like to see TechTV, USA, SCI-FI, and PPV movies. I know sports people would like to see more sports channels. Who cares about Home and Garden?

shelly said:
HGTV is an important channel in our household and I have to maintain a basic subscription to Dish for just this one channel.

Once HGTV comes to Voom, I will cancel my dish subscription completely.

And watching this channel has nothing to do with being pwhipped. Different strokes, folks.

Shelly
I agree with you on one thing: this channel is important for women. VOOM should get this channel soon to get more business.

shelly said:
HGTV is an important channel in our household and I have to maintain a basic subscription to Dish for just this one channel.

Once HGTV comes to Voom, I will cancel my dish subscription completely.

And watching this channel has nothing to do with being pwhipped. Different strokes, folks.

Shelly
Men watching this channel has everything to do with it.

vurbano said:
Men watching this channel has everything to do with it.

Not sure of your point here. Sounds like an insult which is not the impression I have of you as a person based on your posts.

Shelly

Gents....... HGTV...
Look around your living room/bedroom.......
Are you telling me you don't need to improve the living conditions inside your house!?!

I've entered hundreds of homes unannounced (with a warrant), and trust me, a lot of you need help on decorating!

I'll have you know I keep all my drugs and illegal fireworks stowed away in a very tidy fashion :)

Never been married/emasculated. You guys need to show her who's the boss.

This coming from a single man, I have tried to show her who's boss, and I ended up with a black eye, painted house, Mowed lawn and no chance of getting voom. I'm not taking advise from you anymore :)

My wife really does enjoy this channel, however she's seen most of the episodes they're currently showing. She says HGTV doesn't really matter. I don't feel P/whipped. I LIKE doing things for her and considering her wishes. You guys are listening to too much Tom Leykis.;) It's great that they don't waste bandwidth with HSN/QVC and the like. We'll be keeping cable until I feel confident about rain fade not happening and the addition of HGTV. I'm not a big Sci-Fi channel fan, but would like to see InHD 1&2 and HDNET. I'm not holding my breath, but one can hope. New, more robust codecs would be nice. I'm getting so spoiled with D-VHS . Mark

shelly said:
Not sure of your point here. Sounds like an insult which is not the impression I have of you as a person based on your posts.

Shelly
No insults. I just dont think it would have even gotten a couple of votes if it wasnt for men fearing their wives.

vurbano said:
No insults. I just dont think it would have even gotten a couple of votes if it wasnt for men fearing their wives.

Thanks for the clarification. In my case it is not fear (strange to consider fear in any relationship, though) but just wanting to please her in more ways than one. She's a great person and watches so little of anything on tv other than HGTV.

Shelly

HGTV? Geese i don't understand why someone would want that channel. But i am only 25 so i wouldn't understand. I personally want MTV Jams or called MTV2 and the Spice channel.. And that would really make me a extremely happy customer.

HGTV and Foodnetwork are necessary (WAF) to put Voom throughout the whole house. I have it only in the home theater now.

HGTV who needs that.....

I agree the Heck with HGTV and also Si-fi ... .. . ..

ooooooops that may be sacrilege around this forum! :D

Seriously though HGTV, why not switch to TLC, Discovery, History, Ooutdoor life and one of the 35 hd channels whilst you all wait to have your darn HGTV.....I am sure your wife's can find SOMETHING to watch....if not that's an issue you need to deal with, but don't blame Voom. :D

Bye Bye Voom

HGTV, among others is the reason I will cancel voom. Anyone who thinks it's not important to please there wife is either divorced or will be divorced.

Besides, i have kept DTV as well as voom and the SD Picture on voom just does not compare. I watched part of last nights Laker game on DTV then went to voom. The voom picture was just terrible compared to DTV. The only channel Voom is superior on is Fox Sports World as my Toshiba STB gives me a lot of digital motion on the greens of the grass.

Sorry, I really wish Voom was better as the idea of HD content is great but most of the 21 exclusives are utter junk.

Karl said:
HGTV, among others is the reason I will cancel voom. Anyone who thinks it's not important to please there wife is either divorced or will be divorced.

Besides, i have kept DTV as well as voom and the SD Picture on voom just does not compare. I watched part of last nights Laker game on DTV then went to voom. The voom picture was just terrible compared to DTV. The only channel Voom is superior on is Fox Sports World as my Toshiba STB gives me a lot of digital motion on the greens of the grass.

Sorry, I really wish Voom was better as the idea of HD content is great but most of the 21 exclusives are utter junk.
Divorced for 14 years thank god :D

I came to this forum just to search on this HGTV topic. Believe it or not -- Voom not having HGTV is a deal breaker for me. Not because of my wife -- as I watch it more than she does. If you enjoy home improvement, building things or learning more about real estate, etc. -- it's a great channel for those that like woodworking or landscaping, etc..

How hard can it be to get this channel -- man, I'd settle for SD to start with -- but HGTV would be killer in hi-def. Me thinks some posters on this thread protests too much :rolleyes: sounds like it's possible that they may be insecure characters hiding bossy wives and trying to compensate by assuming that about others :) No problems here in that department. We've been together too long for that foolishness. Sorry, can't vote in the Poll, as there's no reply for it being a deal breaker for me personally.

While I can afford to keep cable and get Voom too, that just seems too wasteful for the few extra channels. Anyway, Voom seems to be growing nicely, so I have confidence that the best cable channels will eventually come to Voom sooner or later. Best to you all. Like what you watch and watch what you like...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)