Walter L.

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 29, 2004
Portland, Oregon
I've seen some post on this and other forums that read something like:

"My wife won't let me get VOOM until they get HGTV :( "

"I got VOOM but I've been telling my wife HGTV will be coming soon.." (to gain some time and hoping it actually happens) ;) .

"I had to keep cable (D* or E*) just because my wife wanted HGTV :mad: "

I'm personally in the 2nd boat. :D

Where are you???

vurbano said:
Whats this wife crap? I got rid of her long ago. WHy does the poll assume that the voters are whipped?
Never been married/emasculated. You guys need to show her who's the boss. I would watch MOOV before HOME & GARDEN TELEVISION. Home and Garden? Really? People allow this to become a deal breaker? Amazing.

My wife and I used to watch several shows on HGTV but they got old and we got tired of them. We probably wouldn't mind if VOOM got the channel. It seems the shows were always more fun to watch this time of year when we're trying to do some home improvement ourselves. But we wouldn't cry about it if VOOM never got the channel.

vurbano said:
Whats this wife crap? I got rid of her long ago. WHy does the poll assume that the voters are whipped?

Maybe that should've been a 5th option to vote. Something like:

"I got rid of wife to get VOOM" :haha

vurbano said:
put the plant in dirt in partial sunlight and add water. whats so hard about that that you need a network for it? LMAO
Completely agree with you. There are good and bad things about this channel for whipped men:

Good: it keeps your wife's attention for hours freeing you to other things (like web surfing, reading, etc.) :D

Bad: it gives ideas to women on home improvement projects that later you have to work on :mad:

HGTV is a cool channel. It is not just gardening, it is home improvement. You ought to see how cool some of the things they do are. In fact they have one show in which 3 interior designers come up with plans to redo a room based on your input. You pick the plan you like the best and they take care of it for you (your money though). How about an Extremely Professional Home Theater room anybody? As far as the rest of the programming - it has nothing to do with being whipped. It has to do with being creative. If you want to make your house look nice here are some cool ideas.

Monster House rocks. I still want the kitchen from the very first episode. Between Discovery and TLC we don't really need HGTV but yeah it does have some cool shows and it's nice to have the options when we start to get bored with a certain show. I tried watching Ultra Space a few times on one of the VOOM channels but it never really caught my attention.

I'll bet the guys who watch this channel with their wives also go shopping at Nordstrom with her and hold her purse for her while she goes and tries on some new outfits.

DarrellP said:
I'll bet the guys who watch this channel with their wives also go shopping at Nordstrom with her and hold her purse for her while she goes and tries on some new outfits.
Darrel, it sounds like the voice of experience is talking :D

Walter L. said:
Darrel, it sounds like the voice of experience is talking :D
Way back when I was a young Whippersnapper, been there done that, dumped that B******, as Tom Lykus would say. :D

DarrellP said:

Yeah, which makes me even more appreciative of my (second) wife. Conversations with her go like this:

"Honey, I'm buying a $2500 TV" "OK"
"Sugar, we are going to have 2 satellite services" "Cool"
"Hon, I'm buying a new truck" "Go for it"
"Babe, I bought a boat" "Alright!"

Versus my first wife who just wanted my paycheck and was bipolar, lol.

HGTV is an important channel in our household and I have to maintain a basic subscription to Dish for just this one channel.

Once HGTV comes to Voom, I will cancel my dish subscription completely.

And watching this channel has nothing to do with being pwhipped. Different strokes, folks.

Shelly

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts