How is MLB Network?

Skyhi

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 29, 2007
NE Ohio
I'm wondering about their nightly recap show and how it compares to Baseball Tonight. I'm "stuck" watching baseball tonight, but I'm happy to say that ESPN hasn't ruined the show like they have so many others...

I'm wondering about their nightly recap show and how it compares to Baseball Tonight. I'm "stuck" watching baseball tonight, but I'm happy to say that ESPN hasn't ruined the show like they have so many others...

Sky, in one short word of explanation, it's AMAZING!

I used to be a big ESPN Baseball Tonight fan, but MLB Network is hands down even better. Their signiture show, MLB Tonight features in-depth analysis with Harold Reynolds, Al Leiter and their own station studio host (forget his name). All of them provide great insight. Another thing I like about this show is the way they break in to "live look-ins" of games around the league.

For a Baseball lover, MLB Network is superior to ESPN IMO.

Sounds great...I loved Harold Reynolds when he was on ESPN. This is one channel that I really, really, really wish I could get.

If you ever watch NHL Net "on the fly" it is like that. The highlights are much more detailed, then they "analyze" for a minute or two after.

Each game gets anywhere from 3-5 minutes, and there is very little "filler".

This is what any sport recap show should be. 213 and 215 are now my favorite "recap" networks.

One thing I was disappointed with, I was watching MLB Net this morning and they had a "live-look-in" to one of the late west coast games, showing 7th inning highlights. They never showed how the game ended. It was clear to me they were airing the final show they taped around midnight (ET) last night.

NHL does a final recording around 1am or 2am, and airs that the next morning, to make sure they get the end of all the west games. While MLB has extra innings, and could have an exception game if a west coast game goes 12+ innings, they really should tape a little later to prevent this.

I love the MLB Network. I may never watch Baseball Tonight again.

Sky, in one short word of explanation, it's AMAZING!

I used to be a big ESPN Baseball Tonight fan, but MLB Network is hands down even better. Their signiture show, MLB Tonight features in-depth analysis with Harold Reynolds, Al Leiter and their own station studio host (forget his name). All of them provide great insight. Another thing I like about this show is the way they break in to "live look-ins" of games around the league.

I Totally agree with everything!:up

I like their live stuff, as well as their shows that pay respect to the game's history- Prime 9, Baseball Seasons, etc.

Can't wait to see how they'll pay tribute to the history of the Midsummer Classic by July!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)