How lame is this ???

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How did this turn into a Cell phone and 911 thread ?
You were trying to find out about what you can use for a camper and home ...

I tried to help you with the original issue you asked about as did others, but you just want to discredit everything.

How did this turn into a Cell phone and 911 thread ?
You were trying to find out about what you can use for a camper and home ...

Uh, I'm on a completely different thread from the camping one...have NO idea what you just posted here??? But to help catch you up, couple others in this thread actually brought up cellphones/landlines & I responded accordingly...which you did as well. :confused:

I tried to help you with the original issue you asked about as did others, but you just want to discredit everything.

Sorry that I'm asking reasonable questions that I can't get reasonable responses on...

Uh, I'm on a completely different thread from the camping one...have NO idea what you just posted here??? But to help catch you up, couple others in this thread actually brought up cellphones/landlines & I responded accordingly...which you did as well. :confused:

Sorry that I'm asking reasonable questions that I can't get reasonable responses on...
With all the bouncing around, I don't remember what the correct questions are.

Shoot, I am mixing two different threads up. :confused::sorry

Reactions: dcavaiani
I do not care for femtocells, I have gigabit broadband from Charter, so internet speed is not a concern. I had a Sprint one at home for a few years and used to manage AT&T ones at work. Yes, they do what they do, but they suck to maintain. At the end of the day all they do is turn your cell phone into VOIP, wifi calling can do the same thing. The one I had with Sprint could not maintain a GPS signal where it was located, so every week or so I'd have to unravel the antenna then stick it out the window for a few minutes so it could re-acquire the GPS signal. At work, we had a seven or eight AT&T ones due to having AT&T company phones at the time and their non existent reception in the village I work in. They would frequently freeze up and stop functioning and need a power cycle, and you could not roam from one to the next if you were walking across the office and talking at the same time. Switched to Verizon and all was good.

Wifi calling is an option, but my experience is that it is terrible and I have had nothing but problems with it. Phone will not ring most of the time on wifi, calls go directly to voicemail, most of the times it takes three or four attempts to make a successful outbound call.

At the end of the day, I want to be able to have access to the phone in the case of a power outage. My cable node is not battery backed up, so power goes out and I lose cable internet and phone. Because of no internet, femtocells and wifi calling are useless. I can't speak for the femtocell but I know that the latency is too high with satellite to use wifi calling over my HugheNet connection. All or my networking equipment router, wireless access point, main smart switch, cable modem and satellite modem are on UPS battery back up.

Yes, people suck. Discreet multichannel music playback could have been the mainstream norm if the DVD-A/SACD format war played out. Instead we wound up with 128k MP3s. Woopie!

Most people would rather have convenience over reliability and quality. Those people are morons.

I treat my smartphone as an always connected PDA. This is my usage from last month. As you can see I hardly ever use it as a phone.

The femtocell works just fine. Only issue if if you walk out of range it will drop the call.

However if your out of range and move within range, I think it transfers the call over. I know it does but drop.

It solved the issue with my phone not ringing when sitting at my desk at work.

I actually put no answer transfer on my line and send it to my desk phone for 2 rings before going to voice mail.

Using the no answer transfer I can use my company voice mail system on my cell phone and get my voice mail transcribed to email

Status
Please reply by conversation.