How long after order should install company have my information/equipment?

Whiteice

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 9, 2004
Hey all,

As im getting closer to my install date (Next week) and reading too many horror stories I wish to admit about VOOM installations, I was just wondering when the install company should be able to confirm my equipment so I can start checking on it? If it helps, I placed my order this passed Monday (June 7) at 10 AM PST. I would like to give them a call, but dont want to call to early and have to call back and risk pissing them off.

TIA,
Whiteice

I waited till the day before my install to confirm that they were still on for the next day. Good thing I did, because it was two more weeks before they got the equipment. I wouldn't call to early since sometimes they don't get the equipment until a day or two before the intall. Good luck.

kaw

A day or two before hand should do it. At the very least to make sure you won't be missing work unnecessarily. Make sure they know about your residence and how you envision the set up i.e. apartment with balcony.

Work is not an issue. I just lost my job so getting VOOM to sit back and relax and watch some HD tv with my new TV I just bought.

I did tell the lady that placed my order that the roof was not an option. She put me on hold to check with her boss and they said that they can mount it to the balcony railing and/or the DTV tripod. I asked her to please make sure she notates this on the install order so they know ahead that the roof mounting is not an option since I would have to pay the lanlord $300 to allow me to post on the roof. Anyhow, she confirmed that it was notated on the order. Guess all I can do at this point is just sit back and wait a week or so (hoping my install goes smoothly next week and nothing prolongs it.)

Whiteice

Well I just got a call today about my install. It is being bumped up from next Friday to next Tuesday (WOOHOO.) Though I am concerned. My DTV setup points SE and I have a view of open area from pretty much NE - SW, however toward the East are some trees that are a little taller then the heighth of where my dish is at. There are some gaps between the trees, so im hoping I can somehow manage it. Anyhow, hopefully all goes good on Tuesday now. WOOHOO....

Whiteice