How long do your movies take to arrive in the mail?

I am about 30 minutes south of Charlotte, NC and the turn around is 2-3 days.

What is more important to me is total turnaround time, from the day I send back a movie until the day I receive the next one. This is 4-5 days with BB. It was 3 days most of the time with Netflix, so BB is much slower.

You are going to bellyache over 1, maybe 2 days?

Why is it so many Americans feel the need to be pampered so much? :D

As quick as mail one back on Monday and receive next one on Wednesday. As long as mail on Monday and receive the next one the following Monday.

Sometimes get just released discs right away and other times takes forever. Not very consistent but I like Bluray for no extra cost.

Now if there was streaming on my receiver like netflix it would be great, but very limited free streaming on the 922 at least. Keep trying Dish/Blockbuster you're partway there.

When RED BOX comes out with streaming as well as dvds, I can see them kicking some Netflix and Blockbuster ass.

There is a bit more info about it here-

Verizon And RedBox Planning Major Partnership For Early 2012 Launch | TechCrunch

After reading, it sounds more like they will be competing with Vudu based on their business plan-

Launch is planned for May 28th, with a beta starting in late April. Pricing is expected to be monthly and credit-based, e.g. $5.95 per month for 6 credits, which could be used to rent X movies or Y shows.

Sounds like PPV to me.

I am down to 3 days (from 4) once they receive my return which takes 1-2 days, so I'm down to about 5 days turnaround but once you count the weekend that's effectively 7 days. So one movie about every 7 days or so. I'm at 2, sometimes 3, days turnaround (1 out, 1-2 back) with Netflix which means I can usually get two movies a week if I time it right. The good news is that newer titles are becoming easier to get on Movie Pass.

My movies are returned to Louisiville, KY from Nashville (160 mi). It takes a day to return and usually get an email in the afternoon that your next movie has shipped. However it takes 2 days for me to receive them.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

it seems to be getting slower since i joined BB in october.
Netflix was 1 day there 1 day back,(send back to NF monday,have next movie Wed.) when i switched to BB, it was 1 day there 1-2 days back ,same as netflix basically, except they dont process mail sat/sunday nights like netflix does.

now for about a month its been 2-3 days there,2-3 days back. Philly processing center is 45 minute drive from my house, BB and NF have Philly dist center.my last 3 movies took 8 days each from sending to receiving, thats a little long. i had some months with netflix where i watched 8 movies (1 at a time service).

not sure why the slow down. BB getting busier? Nf def did better job,but i will stay with BB and hope it improves. with all the hoopla going on with post office, future looks ldim for getting more than 2-3 movies in a month via BB.

I'm experiencing the same time as you. Appproximately 3 days to me and 3 days back to them. I live in NE MS and BB mails movies to me from Baton Rouge about 250 miles away. Netflix discs come to me out of Memphis and are 1 and 1k, but to be fair, Memphis is a lot closer than Baton Rouge. I cut my Netflix down to 1 at a time + streaming (I have a 922) because of BB Mpass, but I'm conidering reupping Nflix to at least 2 because of BB's slowness.

The last movie took 5 days from about a 2.5 hour drive. I sm so oossed with this service. My 722 has been f'ed since bump.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Looks like my local BB store is closing. That sucks because if we watched the movies quick enough and with taking advantage of the in-store exchange, we could easily get at least 4 movies per week...

Normally we have two day shipping time...so I am very impressed this week. I dropped off two movies late in the day Thursday at the store (my in-store exchanges). Got an email Friday that they shipped out and to expect on Monday. However, the mail just ran and both movies were there (Saturday). So I got one day shipping this time. Plus being the weekend, we'll get to watch and exchange those two movies for two others this weekend, so we'll get 4 movies this weekend we weren't expecting. Good job, Blockbuster! :D

Since my local store is closing, I just had my first attempt at mailing back a disc instead of dropping it off at the store. Funny thing is, there was no difference in how long it took. I mailed the movie back Tuesday and received my next one today!!

Where I live in Georgia, the nearest Netflix (mail processing) location is Duluth. The nearest BB location is Atlanta. (If you follow the interstate from where I live, also, you pass Atlanta first.) I sent a Netflix BD and a Blockbuster BD back on the same day. I had received the next BD from Netflix, watched it, and sent it back before my next Blockbuster video came in the mail. Both of the BD discs (from Netflix and BB) were both listed as 'available now.' There are two video games in my que from BB--both of which are listed as 'very long wait'. I've had BB for over a month now via Dish and am yet to receive a game even though they are top of the list. (My 'wait' time for a disc is set to one day in BB.)

It's been my experience that, with Netflix, they send the next available disc right away.. If they had to send a disc that was not #1 in your cue, they would send it when it became available--even if you still had the other disc out. Does BB do this? I seriously doubt because then I would have received a game by now!

People have been griping about Netflix raising prices but their service (as far as deliver time and availability of what they SAY they offer) sure is a lot better. If Dish didn't bundle it with the extra HD channels, I would stay with Netflix.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)