How long do your movies take to arrive in the mail?

I was doing good until Thanksgiving week. I mailed out my DVD on Monday, and would usually get one back by Thursday, it says my next one isn't coming until Tuesday of this week. I will prob be cancelling soon, and wait until they can get the streaming a lot better.

Netflix and BB both ship from the same PO for me. Netflix always took 1 day to me and I received a new disk the day after they mailed it. BB takes 1 day to arrive at BB bit 2 days to get to me. They are either mailing it later than they say or Netflix have a special deal with the New Brunswick NJ post office.

I'm about 25miles outside their distribution center in Worcester, MA. So I send in the disc, next day they get it, and then typically same day I get the new disc sent out... So overnight when they send it, but 2 days from when I send the disc (which makes sense as one day there and back.) So far I can't complain... initially when I signed up I think I waited about 3 or 4 days for it to ship; probably from the initially rush. However lately I've been spoiled with fast turn around time :)

-Mike

i order it and i get it a day after they mail it here so a couple days total :)

Returned one on Tuesday. They shipped another today and even though the email says I won't get it til Friday, it will be here tomorrow. So 3 days total. Pretty much the same as Netflix.

I had fits getting my first dvd for some reason you have to have 10 available disks in your account before it sends the first one

also i am in missouri and it only takes a few days turn around seems faster then netflix so I guess it depends on where your located on turn around time

I agree that the turnaround time depends on where you are located and how far away the distribution center is. I live in eastern Connecticut and for me the turn around time is the same as it was for Netflix (which I have now dropped). I mail the disk...Blockbuster gets it the next day and mails out another disk...the next day I have the new disk. Exactly the same as Netflix.

The distribution center is in Hartford which is centrally located in Connecticut, and mailing from Hartford to any city in Connecticut usually takes only one day. Occasionally, I get a disk that was shipped from Texas. Sometimes that takes an extra day, but frequently I get it the next day. I am very happy with the Blockbuster service. They seem to get a lot more new releases than Netflix and they get them sooner.

I,m 90 miles west of Houston ,Texas in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Texas. An area with a population of about 250,000. We have a lot of refineries and chemical plants ,just like Houston does. It takes a week to get a dvd to me . I send one back on Monday after weekend viewing and I get another one on Friday. Way TOO SLOW to me. With Netflix I could get at least two dvds or blu-rays a week.

This recently announced cutback of USPS service next Spring doesn't bode well for BB or NF...............

Ed

Just an update...I had two in-store exchanges that I returned Saturday. Got my email Monday that two new movies had shipped (one a brand new release) and I received them both Tuesday...so this time I had one day shipping where it is normally two.

What is more important to me is total turnaround time, from the day I send back a movie until the day I receive the next one. This is 4-5 days with BB. It was 3 days most of the time with Netflix, so BB is much slower. Also with Netflix if there was to be a long delivery time (say from the west coast) they would send the next disc in my queue for free. But then they increased the price by 50%, so I put my account on hold.

Dist site is 50 miles away from me. I mail my disc on Monday, they get it Tues and send out my disc on Tues, i get it on Wednesday.

I,m 90 miles west of Houston ,Texas in Beaumont/Pt.Arthur ,Texas. An area with a population of about 250,000. We have a lot of refineries and chemical plants ,just like Houston does. It takes a week to get a dvd to me . I send one back on Monday after weekend viewing and I get another one on Friday. Way TOO SLOW to me. With Netflix I could get at least two dvds or blu-rays a week.

Maybe the usps is getting lost because i believe Beaumont/Port Arthur is EAST of Houston.:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)