How Long Should I Wait For a Reply From DIRT Team Member?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andreah1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 28, 2005
I sent a pm to a DIRT team member on Sunday, haven't heard back yet. I didn't expect an immediate reply but was hoping to hear something by now. Should I give it a couple more days or post my issue here?

Which DIRT member did you send the PM to? I know they've had a bit of turnover recently within that group, or perhaps the person you contacted was just off work yesterday.

Looks like MattG@DISH is online right now.

Reactions: charlesrshell
I sent it to Mark as his hours looked like he would have been working at the time I sent it. Should I PM Matt or see if one of them sees this thread?

If you don't mind making it public you can post it here you will get a reply though it may not be the answer you wanted. Dirt can make changes we can only make suggestions.

Well....we have 2 hoppers, approx. a month ago one (the "main" one) started sporadically popping up the signal loss message and would restart itself - the whole process would take between 5 and 10 minutes each time. Also, when watching stuff that we had recorded many times the recording had that faded look like there was a bad rainstorm at the time or something. But, when I played it back on the other hopper it was completely clear, didn't show the fading in and out at all. I found that so weird. Fast forward a bit and now the hopper is showing the signal loss message and restarting every day. Sometimes twice a day - depends on how much it's being used. I tried restarting it myself a few times, have unplugged/plugged back in, chatted with someone on the dish fb page and tried disconnecting the cables and reconnecting, did another test to check the satellites which were fine. It is only happening on the one hopper, the other is fine.

Check all coax cables and connectors going to the bad Hopper. If all is well, then the Hopper is not long for this world.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Cables have all been checked. I am already quite sure that it's on its way out and was hoping to just get a replacement but always have to go thru the 100 steps first. :) Haven't gotten enough gumption to switch them around, it's a pain in the rear to do so, entails moving furniture to get behind one and I really don't feel like it, then have it not work in the other room, have to put it back THEN get a replacement (hopefully) and hook that one up. Too many other things going on in life to spend an hour or two fiddling around. But, suppose it may have to come to that at some point.

Reactions: pattykay and DWS44
Cables have all been checked. I am already quite sure that it's on its way out and was hoping to just get a replacement but always have to go thru the 100 steps first. :) Haven't gotten enough gumption to switch them around, it's a pain in the rear to do so, entails moving furniture to get behind one and I really don't feel like it, then have it not work in the other room, have to put it back THEN get a replacement (hopefully) and hook that one up. Too many other things going on in life to spend an hour or two fiddling around. But, suppose it may have to come to that at some point.
Or just call DISH and request a service call..

Reactions: andreah1
Yeah, they wanted 95 bucks, I told them to stuff it. We'll wait til it dies completely and maybe then we can get a replacement. I can buy a refurb from ebay for cheaper than that. Sad.

Reactions: pattykay
Yeah, they wanted 95 bucks, I told them to stuff it. We'll wait til it dies completely and maybe then we can get a replacement. I can buy a refurb from ebay for cheaper than that. Sad.
How long have you had it? I thought Hoppers came with a 1yr. warranty.

Yes, 95 for service call, wouldn't even consider a replacement. Have had it since 2014. I have been pm'ing with Matt and he's been extremely helpful., think we'll have a resolution soon.....

Reactions: DWS44
I'm sorry if I sound out of line, but if you don't carry insurance, and these things don't come with warranties, then you should expect to pay for a tech visit. And like I said in the politics forum, I wonder how many people on the right that complain about other people wanting things for free are quick to want a free tech visit when they're system goes down.

I understand what you are saying, and I'm all for paying for a tech visit but not 95 dollars. As I said, I can buy a refurb on ebay for cheaper. The receivers are leased, when you lease a car, repairs are covered. Why not with electronics? Not trying to start an argument and I do not ever talk politics.

That is a great point. The receivers are leased from dish they are not your property. Dish is the owner and should be responsible for the operation of the equipment. I own all my equipment and if it breaks I have the responsibility to fix it or trash it .

I understand what you are saying, and I'm all for paying for a tech visit but not 95 dollars. As I said, I can buy a refurb on ebay for cheaper. The receivers are leased, when you lease a car, repairs are covered. Why not with electronics? Not trying to start an argument and I do not ever talk politics.

In general repairs are not covered under a lease for a car.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)