How long should MLB (213) be Blacked Out?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

talljoel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
In Chicago last night’s White Sox game was blacked out. I understand the reason. The game was available in Chicago on CSN Chicago.

The game ended more than 90 minutes ago.

MLB (213) is still blacked out.

Who to blame? Major League baseball? Directv?

That is DTV's fault for not paying no attention to what was going on. They will try to tell you it was MLB's fault but thats a bunch of bunk. They are the ones responsible for enforcing the blackouts and removing them.Somebody wasn't paying no attention obviously

Last edited by a moderator:
That is DTV's fault for not paying no attention to what was going on. They will try to tell you it was MLB's fault but thats a bunch of sh*t. They are the ones responsible for enforcing the blackouts and removing them.Somebody wasn't paying no attention obviously

And if MLB says B.O. till the top of the next hour, now who's to blame ?

Was the game a quick one ?
They usually count on what 3-3:30 hours ?
MLB may say B.O. 4 hours worth.

If the game ends up being a 2:30 game, whats D* gonna do ?

Whats on MLB right after that you need to see anyways that you can't see 1/2 hour later.

And if MLB says B.O. till the top of the next hour, now who's to blame ?

Was the game a quick one ?
They usually count on what 3-3:30 hours ?
MLB may say B.O. 4 hours worth.

If the game ends up being a 2:30 game, whats D* gonna do ?

Whats on MLB right after that you need to see anyways that you can't see 1/2 hour later.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The game ended at approximately 10:35 P.M.

MLB Network was still blackout after 1:00 A.M

I expect the blackout to end when the telecast of the game ends.

There was nothing on MLB after the game that I needed to see. There was something I wanted to see: game recaps and highlights.

I do not consider this glitch a big deal. If I did I would of called Directv to complain. Instead, I vented by posting here.

I’m glad Directv has MLB. Look at the Dish forum. Folks are still asking when Dish will carry MLB

I was in the same boat as the OP but on the other team (ya know the winning one) ;)

wanted to watch quick pitch at 11:00 CDT and was blacked out. 214 had a paid program on so obviously they flipped the switch on that from the "backup game" to one of those paid program channels

Wow,
You would have expected them to change at 11..... it went on to after 1 am.

Has anyone contacted MLB Network and ask what their policy is for it ?

Of course they will say it was D*'s fault, but it would be nice to see what thier stance on it is.

previous times its been within 15 minutes of game ending usually right away especially if the game ran long

But does anyone know what MLB actually has to say about it ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sent an e-mail to MLB:

I have Directv and live in the Chicago area.

Last nights White Sox game was on CSN Chicago and was blacked out on MLB Network.

At 11:00 P.M. I turned to MLB Network to watch Quick Pitch. MLB network was blacked out with the message gamed blacked out on this channel.. At 1:00 A.M. the channel was still blacked out.

The season is almost over; still I would like to know what is MLB’s policy on how many minutes ( hours ) your channel is blacked out after a black out game ends.

Sincerely;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post their reply.

I sent an e-mail to MLB:

I have Directv and live in the Chicago area.

Last nights White Sox game was on CSN Chicago and was blacked out on MLB Network.

At 11:00 P.M. I turned to MLB Network to watch Quick Pitch. MLB network was blacked out with the message gamed blacked out on this channel.. At 1:00 A.M. the channel was still blacked out.

The season is almost over; still I would like to know what is MLB’s policy on how many minutes ( hours ) your channel is blacked out after a black out game ends.

Sincerely;

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will post their reply.
:up

I used to have DISH and they would black out the time block, so if the game ever ran past the time block, you would be able to catch the end of it on the blacked out channel.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts