How long with Dish?

Had DirecTV since it first went hot. Decided to add Dish when they got Showtime HD channel, can't recall when that was. Dish kept me because of their superior DVR technology and having more HD channels than DirecTV over the years. Dumped DirecTV in 2006 when they cost me too much money by obsoleting my TIVO.

Now, I'm debating switching back to DirecTV because Dish is falling behind and won't offer 3D channels.

1997, only had to remove two trees to get 119 sat, two more trees when Dish 500 came along. Never had any problems with Dish, just have to reach the right person to resolve any problem you might have, usually a "tech" type. Have always preferred Dish "program guide".

Started with dish around 1998 or 1999. Bought the dish and receiver off eBay. Installed it myself, didn't do a very good job but it worked. Went to COMCAST for a year in 2004/2005 (I was unemployed so it was purely a financial move....back to dish in spring of 2005. Just cut the cord to OTA and streaming again financial reasons. S with breaks I guess we have been with Dish about 14 years.
I can't say service has been problem free but nothing to really complain about. Have to say that the few times we lost power, due to downed trees, we had TV moon as power was on, can't say the same for cable subs. They have to wait for National Grid to clear before they can do their work...

Ross

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I bought the $59 deal in 1999 and I installed it. There were no Dish installers in those days. It was Dish 300, if I remember correctly. A while later, bought the Dish 500, and then on to a 1000.2 a very years later. I got the Dish 2700 SD receiver in 1999, and in another 10 years I bought the vip211k. Even though the pricing has gone way up since the early days, I feel considering what we get, the pricing isn't all that bad.

Congratulations SF. That's even before this thread was started! ;););)
OK! Beat me when I was misled. I told them about the outdated posts showing as new. Doesn't sound like they "get it". I know what and "who" to watchout for now. But I'll keep ya on your toes.

Back to our regularly scheduled show, I even have the "Self-Install" kit in a plain brown box. Did an install for a friend a year later and the box was all printed and glossy. Still have that too.

So "TheKrell" when you heading back way down into those thousands of miles of tunnels?

OK! Beat me when I was misled. I told them about the outdated posts showing as new. Doesn't sound like they "get it".
No worries. Scott gets it just fine, but he can't fix it. IIRC this is a Tapatalk issue, and you are not alone resurrecting ancient threads because of that. I think the record that I noticed, at least recently, was resurrecting a 13yo thread. This one was a young 'un at 8. :D

If you want to volunteer the information that Tapatalk was not to blame in this case, feel free. ;)

Reactions: Howard Simmons
No worries. Scott gets it just fine, but he can't fix it. IIRC this is a Tapatalk issue, and you are not alone resurrecting ancient threads because of that. I think the record that I noticed, at least recently, was resurrecting a 13yo thread. This one was a young 'un at 8. :D

If you want to volunteer the information that Tapatalk was not to blame in this case, feel free. ;)

I know it's not anything that Scott can fix. That's why when, and am probably mistaken about the whole forum being moved here and the direct web version was going away?, I got that "Oh sh*t!" Chill :eek: down my spine. That was before all this. I have also seen this in several other Forums. I contacted Tapatalk. I have the examples that I sent, but deleted, out of disgust, their reply. Day by day I'm liking Tapatalk less and less. :confused:

• Sad
Reactions: TheKrell
'96 or '97? I was with Echostar and replaced my 10' BUD with an 18" antenna and a Dish 300 (?). Disassembled the BUD and relocated it to my cabin for a few years. Installed a second 18" antenna at the cabin and gave the BUD away to a couple of local yokels who didn't think they needed to disassemble it. They slapped it on the bed of their truck and launched it onto a highway a few miles down the road.

• Wow
Reactions: dishdude
Started with DISH 1998. The first receiver was a dish 4000 with a satellite dish 300 (self install kit). Still using dish 300 for 129 but this month will be my last month with DISH. Many thanks for the fine people on this website.

I've been with Dish since 2005. Joined this site at the same time. I don't post much, just scroll through every now and then.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)