How many analog receivers do you have set up and active?

How many analog boxes do you have set up and active?

• 0 (digital only)

Votes: 9 25.7%

Votes: 16 45.7%
  • 2-3

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • 4-5

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • 5-10

• 10 or more

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
Same question as the digital version.

How many analog boxes do you have set up and active?

0 (digital only)
2-3
4-5
5-10
10 or more

4DTV would be considered digital IMO :D

I have 2 set up and one not

Toshiba TRX-1420 slaved to mototirzed
Toshiba TRX-1420 slaved to a recever on the T90

HTS Tracker IV not hooked up

i have two and keep saying its next weeks project. all i need is to hook up the coax and maybe fine tune a bit. lol
oh and i will have to decide something on the feedhorn too... to get ku side

I have 2 set-up and running. A 4dtv G.I. 920 (for subscription services) and a Toshiba TRX 2200 (for analog feeds).
I also have (but not set-up) a G.I. 920 and a G.I. 922 with dead batteries (which wipes out the virtual channels), but the analog still works. And, I have 4-5 older analog receivers of different makes.

Al

On KU at least, there's hardly anything worth bothering with. Unless you just enjoy watching color bar test patterns. Or maybe somebody can point me to something I haven't seen yet.

Last edited:
3 active and 1 in storage. I have a Uniden 9000 for AMC 2, G10 and G11 horzontal, Uniden 2200 for whatever spillover and a HTS 70 for SBS 6 and c-band analog and videocypher. A spare Uniden 9000 sits unused in the cabinet next to TV 10. that holds TV's 7 and TV 8. :) I voted for 3 because those are the ones hooked up.

Last edited:
I have 5 analog receivers

1 Panasonick 500
1 Echostar 500 C-KU
1 Echostar 600 C-KU
1 HTS 40 C-KU
2 HTS 50 C-KU

I currently have 8 active (I'm counting my 922 as both a analog and digital since I use both sides). There's 22 more in the basement for replacements, special projects, experiments and parts. I even have an old SCPC receiver down there, in case audio SCPC ever makes a comeback. I've actually used the 70 mhz output on that SCPC receiver with my cheapo kit spectrum analyzer to paint the satellites signal patterns. Heck of a good hobby!

I have a HTS System 8+ C/KU setup and running, and a GI something that I have never hooked up. I also have a Drake ESR-1524, but the picture rolls on it, and is almost unusable.

Bought a HTS 70 on EBay last week for $30 something dollars including shipping. My current one new cost me $1000 in 1991 or 92. If it works right, I'll probably add it to the in use mix. :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.