How many cables is it?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

tbone2004

Original poster
Aug 2, 2006
I seem to get a different answer each time I ask people this question - so I will ask it here - where the experts live :)

I have moved and I need to get D* setup again at my new house. I plan to get a 3 LNB dish - no plans to go HD anytime soon so this should be fine. I plan to have 2 DVRs (unless I keep reading all the problems here about the R15's and decide to stay with VCR - please post some GOOD stories about the R15's!!) :)

In the future, the most I would hook up would be 4 TV's - two of them with DVR's and two without. 3 is probably more realistic. (2 DVR, one regular)

The 100,000 question is - how many cables will be coming off of the dish?

Is it 2? Then down to a multi-switch in the basement where it splits off - 2 for each room with DVR etc.

Or is there 4 wires coming off the dish?

The reason I ask is I bought a bunch of cable and I am going to fish it through the PVC tube from attic to basement myself so I am not charged a fishing fee of $75 - so I just want to know how many I should have fished through.

Thanks guys!!

cables

if you need to see all 3 satellites then you must run 4 cables from the triple down to the basement and use a 5*8 multiswitch ti give you 8 outputs . you need outputs from the ms to each dvr you have. If you locals are on 101 a you can run only 2 cables down to a 3*3 multiswitch.

I would run all 4 off the roof just to be safe. better to be safe than to have to rig it up later :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)