How many computers do you have in your house?

JamesJ

AKA Stuart628
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jul 21, 2004
Akron (Cleveland), Oh
Well I wonder how many computers people have running, I have a desktop (old Imac) and a powerbook G4, that my wife and I use the most, we recently decided to just use one computer and I bought a Macbook off of ebay (GREAT deal too at 850 for a macbook that is covered under warrenty until 2010!) but it made me wonder how many other people have one computer in their house? most here probably have 3+ computers, but remember my kid is only 5 months old, so I dont think he needs one yet (not until at least 8 months :) )

I have 4 desktops and one dell laptop networked together to practice my networking for all Microsoft certification.

I am to computers, as Iceberg is to FTA equipment. :D

1 windows 2003 server enterprise (domain controller, exchange2003, web)
1 windows 2003 server standard (backup dc and file replication)
1 windows 2008 standard server RC0 (testing)
2 vista ultimate (1 desktop, 1 laptop)
1 vista business laptop
1 imac (the crappy one with the whole computer built in the monitor)
1 trs-80 "portable-26-pounds!" 4P with 128K RAM and 5Meg external hard drive (yes it still works, sure wish somebody had ever made an ethernet adapter for those)
1 tandy 1400LT with 20MB drive and MS-DOS 4 or 5, i forget which. no ethernet available for those either.

about 8 others in various states of disrepair which I could use as "spare parts" to get about 5 more running if I feel the urge. two or three more trs-80's in the attic for parts.
there's probably more stuff i forgot to mention, i really need to quit collecting crap. and i didn't mention a couple of virtual servers that run on the vista ultimate desktop.

oh yeah, the wife got a blackberry pearl last week so i have that to keep running too.

Last edited:
2 desktops and 1 laptop, but occasionally it gets up to 4 desktops ( I have a side business fixing computers)

Self built tower, dell desktop for the wife on a trade, imac G3 400mhz for the daughter that never gets used, first gen imac gotten for free that wont power up, G3 power mac that doesnt get used as I have no monitor for it. The first three are running on a wireless/wired network.

1 Vista/XP Desktop (HP) for myself.
1 Vista Desktop (Acer) for the wife.
1 XP Desktop (custom build) for the kids.
1 Vista Notebook (Gateway).

Last edited:
2 desktops, 1 laptop

1 beige box running as a media server for my xbox/backup drive
1 desktop for friends to use... running xp
1 dell laptop running vista

2 Dell Dimension towers w/XP (one in my office/spare room and the other in my son's room)
1 home built tower, old school PII w/Win98; hooked up to my HD tv (gotta show off the YouTube and downloaded AVI clips)

Let's see:

1 Personal laptop
1 Work Laptop
1 Personal Laptop (Solaris Intel)
1 Storage Server (Solaris Intel)
1 Sparc Server (Testing and compiling Sparc code)
1 VM Test machine

1 desktop for my stepdaughter
1 laptop for my wife.

What is that, 8 or so?

It's going up soon anyway.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts