How Many LNB's on Direcway Dish??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

NorthCarmel21

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hi All,

I ran through the searches trying to figure this out, but didn't have much luck. I have one of those big oval DIRECWAY dishes that was installed 2 years ago. The original setup in the house was the sat. modem in the den (2 lines coming down to it I guess 1 download 1 upload) 1 line to the living room Directv DVR and 1 line to the bedroom Directv box)I no longer use the DIRECWAY internet, and I just upgraded my old DVR to an R10 to get the larger storage time and I would like to take advantage of the record on 1 channel watch another feature. I understand that in order to do this, I need 2 lines coming into the R10 box. Soooooo my question is:
Does my dish have more then 3 LNB's or do I need to add a multiswitch? There looks to be 3 wires coming down the tube from the end of the satellite arm, and the fourth is connected outside of the tube. If I do need to add a multiswitch, do they go outside? From my dish, the wires run all different directions.
I can't seem to find any decent documenation on the web for the dish (I don't even know a model number or anything) and Directv's 800 number wasn't really helpful.
Any help would be much appreciated.

John

you need to add a 3X4 multiswitch.

2 lines should be running from the 101Lnb. It's usually at the bottom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)