How Many LNB's on Direcway Dish??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

NorthCarmel21

Original poster
Sep 28, 2005
Hi All,

I ran through the searches trying to figure this out, but didn't have much luck. I have one of those big oval DIRECWAY dishes that was installed 2 years ago. The original setup in the house was the sat. modem in the den (2 lines coming down to it I guess 1 download 1 upload) 1 line to the living room Directv DVR and 1 line to the bedroom Directv box)I no longer use the DIRECWAY internet, and I just upgraded my old DVR to an R10 to get the larger storage time and I would like to take advantage of the record on 1 channel watch another feature. I understand that in order to do this, I need 2 lines coming into the R10 box. Soooooo my question is:
Does my dish have more then 3 LNB's or do I need to add a multiswitch? There looks to be 3 wires coming down the tube from the end of the satellite arm, and the fourth is connected outside of the tube. If I do need to add a multiswitch, do they go outside? From my dish, the wires run all different directions.
I can't seem to find any decent documenation on the web for the dish (I don't even know a model number or anything) and Directv's 800 number wasn't really helpful.
Any help would be much appreciated.

John

you need to add a 3X4 multiswitch.

2 lines should be running from the 101Lnb. It's usually at the bottom.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)