How many MLB games will you attend this year?

Only have plans for one. A spring game next Wednesday in Las Vegas Cubs vs Whites Sox. Have my Jeff Samardzija shirt packed (its a split squad game so I hope he is there).

I am sure that I will attend some Marlins and probably Braves games but those are usually last minute decisions for me

Probably none this year, I never usually went unless it was a company function where the tickets were dirt cheap, or someone just had free tickets. I worked for a place that a Rockies season ticket holder had tickets for that nights game against the D-Backs, right smack behind home plate. I've also been up in the nosebleeds in Coors Field which is still pretty good. Next time the Red Sox/Yankees come to town (I think the AL East comes here next year if I'm not mistaken) I'll try to catch that.

Probably none this year, I never usually went unless it was a company function where the tickets were dirt cheap, or someone just had free tickets. I worked for a place that a Rockies season ticket holder had tickets for that nights game against the D-Backs, right smack behind home plate. I've also been up in the nosebleeds in Coors Field which is still pretty good. Next time the Red Sox/Yankees come to town (I think the AL East comes here next year if I'm not mistaken) I'll try to catch that.
Coors field is a beautiful place to watch a game. I lived in Westminster for 6 years and had the chance to attend many games there. I always try to catch a game when visiting the inlaws during the season. Fun place. :up

How do you get the tickets? I can never get on the list to get them.

Back in the early 80's getting Reds Opening Day tickets really wasn't a problem...they went on sale before Christmas and that is what my in-laws gave me for Christmas every year...:D Then they started selling them later in the year and it became a challenge to get them...either in the lottery they finally set up, on ebay, or the old fashioned way....scalping them out front on game day!!!...:eek:

And to Boomer......... I've never taken the tour at the Rock & Roll HOF. I must be missing out on "the best thing in the city."

You live in Cleveland and you haven't been to the R&R HOF???...:shocked

What kind of uber-homer are you, anyway???...;)

You live in Cleveland and you haven't been to the R&R HOF???...:shocked

What kind of uber-homer are you, anyway???...;)

The R&R HOF has become a makeshift landmark in recent years for outside media to focus on as a symbol of Cleveland. It's the first thing the national camera crews chose to film for footage outside of a televised sporting event. Outsiders probably think that besides the sports stadiums, the only other thing that exists in Cleveland is the R&R HOF. Little do they know, Cleveland is so much more than just that one measly HOF.

The R&R HOF has become a makeshift landmark in recent years for outside media to focus on as a symbol of Cleveland. It's the first thing the national camera crews chose to film for footage outside of a televised sporting event. Outsiders probably think that besides the sports stadiums, the only other thing that exists in Cleveland is the R&R HOF. Little do they know, Cleveland is so much more than just that one measly HOF.

I guess I don't know what a "makeshift landmark" is, but it's pretty obvious you haven't been there if you consider it "one measly HOF"!!!...;)

I might go to two or three Dodger games this season. It depresses me going there now, because the McCourts have let the park go downhill and plastered it with advertising.

1. My wife and I always try to make it to one Cubs game each year---she grew up very close to Wrigley Field.
  2. My work usually has one game a year for a very low price in the right field pavilion for one of the all-you-can-eat games. Unfortunately, the right field pavilion on a hot summer afternoon is really rough because you face the sun and risk heat stroke.
  3. The kid next door's school has some kind of a fund raiser and I buy some tickets from him each year. The seats are terrible but they are cheap. Last year we lucked out and it was a Cubs game.

I might go to two or three Dodger games this season. It depresses me going there now, because the McCourts have let the park go downhill and plastered it with advertising.

While I am NO supporter of McCourt & Co. I must disagree with the description of "Let the park go downhill'. That Stadium is still one of the most beautiful and has one of the most maginficent settings in all of baseball. Ads? Sure! Show me a ballpark not overridden with ads these days! That's MLB...not McCourt.

In his defense, while we were all waiting for him to tear down the ballpark and sell the prime Elysian real estate for housing and build a downtown L.A. ballpark, he stayed true to his word and has replaced every seat in the stadium and has done major work for field level viewing. Next will be building some sort of entertainment area outside the stadium to bring fans in early and keep them after the games to eleviate that horrible traffic mess.

To be sure, I reiterate that I am no Dodger or McCourt fan. But there are lots of teams that would kill for an owner that would do 1/2 as much as he has done for that Stadium and surrounding area.

Coors field is a beautiful place to watch a game. I lived in Westminster for 6 years and had the chance to attend many games there. I always try to catch a game when visiting the inlaws during the season. Fun place. :up

I Live In Westminster and it's a short drive to Coors Field. Coors Field looks that much better compared to Invesco Field just across the Interstate. That thing looks like it's a Transformer that's going to turn into a robot and kill us all. Reminds me of Arrowhead Stadium, and not in a good way.

I Live In Westminster and it's a short drive to Coors Field. Coors Field looks that much better compared to Invesco Field just across the Interstate. That thing looks like it's a Transformer that's going to turn into a robot and kill us all. Reminds me of Arrowhead Stadium, and not in a good way.
laughing.gif
I know what you mean about Invesco. It's a nice venue to watch a game, but it's got no character to it at all. And for some reason, the Broncos just don't seem to have that total homefield advantage in there that they did in old Mile High. I can't quite put my finger on the reason, but it just seems different.

While I am NO supporter of McCourt & Co. I must disagree with the description of "Let the park go downhill'. That Stadium is still one of the most beautiful and has one of the most maginficent settings in all of baseball. Ads? Sure! Show me a ballpark not overridden with ads these days! That's MLB...not McCourt.

In his defense, while we were all waiting for him to tear down the ballpark and sell the prime Elysian real estate for housing and build a downtown L.A. ballpark, he stayed true to his word and has replaced every seat in the stadium and has done major work for field level viewing. Next will be building some sort of entertainment area outside the stadium to bring fans in early and keep them after the games to eleviate that horrible traffic mess.

To be sure, I reiterate that I am no Dodger or McCourt fan. But there are lots of teams that would kill for an owner that would do 1/2 as much as he has done for that Stadium and surrounding area.
I agree Dodger Stadium is in a beautiful setting. And I agree that the old seats needed replacing. And I too am thankful that McCourt didn't tear the whole thing down. But I strongly disagree with you about the ads. Ads are necessary only for financially struggling teams. For a going concern like the LA Dodgers they are due to just plain greed. I attended games at Dodger Stadium for decades and reveled in the fact that, unlike most (maybe all?) parks, it had almost no advertising. I used to sit in my seat, scan the distant hills and even more distant mountains, then look at the very nice stands, scoreboards, etc. and marvel that only the Union 76 balls marred the view. The ads detract terribly from the view of the surroundings. At night games they are all you can see.

I hate the new parking system. It forces much longer walks between my car and my seat. Getting out after the game is even harder than it used to be, and it was never easy. So I applaud last year's experiment with free bus service between Union Station and the stadium. I took advantage of it and hope it will become permanent and stay free.

Ads are necessary only for financially struggling teams. For a going concern like the LA Dodgers they are due to just plain greed.

Somebody's gotta pay for Manny's salary, pal!!!!;)

Well, I bought a 15 game package for the Tigers (all Friday nights and a few Tuesdays), and it includes opening day.

Not sure if I'll keep opening day or sell it. I would probably net a profit of $200 for the opening day tix, which pays a big chunck of the $550 I paid for the package.

I also bought a couple tickets to the WBC in Toronto, going to head over there for the weekend. Will get to see USA vs Canada, and assuming the US wins Saturday, USA vs. Venezula on Sunday.

Also going to check out the hockey hall of fame with my brother Sunday. I've been there once and it was a great time (although that was a private party with an open bar). It will be cool to tour it with my brother though.

Only have plans for one. A spring game next Wednesday in Las Vegas Cubs vs Whites Sox. Have my Jeff Samardzija shirt packed (its a split squad game so I hope he is there).

I am sure that I will attend some Marlins and probably Braves games but those are usually last minute decisions for me

while the other half of the team will be in Las Vegas to face the White Sox at Cashman Field. Jeff Samardzija was slated to go three innings in Vegas
http://chicago.cubs.mlb.com/news/ar...tent_id=3911372&vkey=recap&fext=.jsp&c_id=chc

ENJOY! :)

I got to go to Big League Weekend in Vegas last year (just happened to match up with a business trip). Best moment - Kerry Wood got the save in a 5-4 game. (Not near as nice a memory now that he is a Indian).

Well, I bought a 15 game package for the Tigers (all Friday nights and a few Tuesdays), and it includes opening day.

Not sure if I'll keep opening day or sell it. I would probably net a profit of $200 for the opening day tix, which pays a big chunck of the $550 I paid for the package.

I also bought a couple tickets to the WBC in Toronto, going to head over there for the weekend. Will get to see USA vs Canada, and assuming the US wins Saturday, USA vs. Venezula on Sunday.

Also going to check out the hockey hall of fame with my brother Sunday. I've been there once and it was a great time (although that was a private party with an open bar). It will be cool to tour it with my brother though.

Have fun at the WBC. How much are those tickets going for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)