How many of you actually watch the HD channels you pay for?

Okay, so it's a mixed response.... it just depends on the particular consumer.

Watching HD to me definately is a plus, but really I only watch a few channels, and I mean actually watch. Alot of the content on TBS isn't pure HD, even discovery at that and there's plenty of more on that list. Until I get another bug in me or they actually start putting more of what I watch AND put it in TRUE HD...I don't think it's worth $20 a month to watch 3 or 4 channels when I can get locals pretty much for free in HD where that consumes most of my viewing.

It's like computers, I remember geeking out spending $80 on 4 megs of memory and I thought I was the king having 8 megs of ram, now it's significantly changed...point being HD is still pretty virgin (if that makes sense).

I watch all 5 of Dish HD channels I get and the free OTA 6 channels.
I have the old DISH standalone PKG at $26 a month. No SD AT pkg.
More than enough HD for me.

Oh Yes I have the free 3 month SHOWTIME Ch which I will drop.

That 3 month showtime thing is kinda a scam, I haven't looked too far at it yet, but I noticed when checking online last month they credit showtime for 3 months, yet my bill still stayed the same as if credits where never and on this months they charged me for a month of showtime and I see no credit ??? Maybe I can talk to habibkeesh over a 6 pack tonight about my bill. ;)

Showtime sucks, Starz is much better. :)

I have the everything package plus HD, so I have Voom and the premium HD channels too. I watch the sports HD and premium movie channels most, then spread the rest of the HD viewing around. Even so, about 40 percent of my viewing (estimate) is SD since I don't have the nets (abc, nbc, cbs, and fox), cnbc, foxnews, speed channel, etc. in HD and sometimes want to see a movie on one of the premiums (such as HBO) that isn't being shown on the HD channel. Most of what I want is going to be available on DirecTV either now or by the end of the year. C'est la vie, as the non-frenchman said--I'm with Dish.

Regards,
Fitzie

I watch one HD channel, the free TEST channel, 5710, it shows lots of different shows. :) I wanted to get all the HD channels but when I called they said I have to get some other programming packages before I can get HD. All I have is DishLatino, the cheapest one and the locals so my TV viewing is fairly limited. Kinda sucks hard.

FYI the TEST channels 5710 is nothing more than a mirror of Discovery HD Theater (or just HD Theater now).

See ya
Tony

I just searched for 5710 and realized that right before i came back to this thread :D. Why the hell cant I get the HD package without having to have a Americas Top Whatever programming package????????????????:mad::mad::mad: I just want to have the Spanish DishLatino channels for my parents and the HD channels for me. :D

I watch about 80% HD. OTA & DishHD. Most of my viewing tho is thru the 722 recordings. I rarely if ever watch LiveTV unless its Football/Baseball.

Go Sox!

-Rob

Honestly i only watch about 9 HD Channels..

Local Abc, Nbc, CBS, FOX, ESPN, National Geographic, Discovery Channel, TLC and the Science Channel

But hey, i got all the channels free for 6 months so ill worry about it then...

I picked up the free HD package for six months so I could see if there was anything on there that I would watch. So far the greatest benefit has been that Dish dropped the HD access fee for my digital OTA locals, saving me $6/month.

99% of my watching is OTA

I watch the ESPNS when there's games

I watched TBS for like 2 baseball games

I watch TNT when the closer and other shows are on

I grab movies from HDNet Movies, UHD, and Filmfest

I grab concerts from MHD and Rave

I always look from programming on HD first and usually I end up finding something I like. I do wish more of the hockey games were in HD. The over the air BC games the DISH gets for the Center ICe PKG are not the best quality to view but the HD is always exceptable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)