How many of you are Tech's/installers?

directv tech, certified 1,2&3 . sbca level 2 certified. MDU certified.

have done HSP, MSP, Retail and e-tailers installs since 2.20.00

i also do plasma,lcd,home theater installs and ota antennas.

allegheny, washington, westmoreland, fayette and greene counties in pa.
brooke, ohio ,hancock and monongalia counties in west virginia.
garrett county in maryland.

Dish Network, previously DirecTv and Primestar.

SBCA Level 2

Lee/Phillips County Arkansas
Tunica/Desoto/Marshall/Tate/Lafayette/Panola/Quitman/Coahoma Counties, MS
Shelby County, Tennessee

I've been in satellites since 7-93 when I graduated US Army Signals School/Ft Gordon (for GMF) as part of the USMC detachment there. EAS'd 8-1997, started primestar 9-97, D* when they bought out P*, E* overflow in 02/03 (couple installs a week), D* exclusively 03-early 05, E* exclusively since. Looking to get into wildblue, possibly D* once again also.

I did residential and commercial C & Ku band TVRO systems, DirecTV, Dish Network, DirecPC, off-air, some microwave as well as some commercial Ku only installations from 1988-1999 and still do installs for friends & family.

I USED to be a E dealer and did install a few D systems. Still help friends and family.

Its interesting I tell folks what they need to do the job after they ask me for help then they try to tell me how to do the job:(

like this 20 year old cracking RG59 will work fine:( Or intall dish on top of chimney thats were there supposed to go.

Idiots like this discourage my helping..

DBS is a nice hobby, but I DONT try to make money at it, then it becomes a job and quits being fun.

My real business is servicing office equiptement in the pittsburgh area, these days mostly roll laminatoirs that apply plastic to paper like menus. even its getting old after 30+ years:(

I would love to move to florida, hate winter in pittsburgh, maybe work at disney

SBCA Level 2, Direcway and Direcway two-way certified.

Started out with Dish and Directv now 95% Direcway Residential and Enterprise. I wish it could be 100% Enterprise.

I also do some Directv and Dish now just depending on how the other guys are doing. Also wireless networking and some Home Theater installs. I work for a Directv and Dish retailer who is also the Direcway FF for P10 in Mississippi, Tennessee, Arkansas, and Louisiana we do some jobs in Alabama also.

I myself cover about a 400 mile radius of Tupelo, MS but again not to many in Alabama.

chadzx11,

do you cover any of southern Arkansas? I may have an opportunity for you. If interested PM me.

EDIT: I just notice this is my 1000 post.

Last edited:
Bob Haller said:
I USED to be a E dealer and did install a few D systems. Still help friends and family.

Its interesting I tell folks what they need to do the job after they ask me for help then they try to tell me how to do the job:(

like this 20 year old cracking RG59 will work fine:( Or intall dish on top of chimney thats were there supposed to go.

Idiots like this discourage my helping..

DBS is a nice hobby, but I DONT try to make money at it, then it becomes a job and quits being fun.

My real business is servicing office equiptement in the pittsburgh area, these days mostly roll laminatoirs that apply plastic to paper like menus. even its getting old after 30+ years:(

I would love to move to florida, hate winter in pittsburgh, maybe work at disney

Florida is an absolute steam bath..I hate it!.....I'd move to PGH anytime..Summers are cool there....Tell ya what..Many people from the NE that moved to FL are relocating to NC due to the heat and other factors..most are moving to the NC mountains looking for a 4 season lifestyle..In fact you can't (pardon the expession) swing a dead cat arund Charlotte without hitting somebody form wetsern PA or western NY..SO many Steelers and Bills fans here!

I am a DSNC Tech from Pittsburgh. I have worked for Dish for over 4 years. I used to install cable for a two subcontractors before I worked for Dish. I was, mostly, a cable modem tech and installed for Adephia, AT&T, Charter and out of market travel.

dishguy15022 said:
I am a DSNC Tech from Pittsburgh. I have worked for Dish for over 4 years. I used to install cable for a two subcontractors before I worked for Dish. I was, mostly, a cable modem tech and installed for Adephia, AT&T, Charter and out of market travel.

PCS or Baker?????

I am a Master Electrician and electrical mechanical engineer. I built and serviced satellite communications systems for years with an agency of the Federal government. Since retiring, I now service and install almost anything having to do with dbs and high end AV systems. Dealers subcontract difficult installs to me.

Mike500 said:
I am a Master Electrician and electrical mechanical engineer. I built and serviced satellite communications systems for years with an agency of the Federal government. Since retiring, I now service and install almost anything having to do with dbs and high end AV systems. Dealers subcontract difficult installs to me.
Are you crisp on retro wiring?..I have a limited knowlegde of a lot of the tricks you guys use..Some of the stuff you guys do is amazing..

Senior DNS dish tech for 6 years now, level 3 certified with starband 180 and 360 certification though I havent touched a starband system since 03. Im mostly residential but have done some commericial work with some 20 + storied building work both commercial and residential.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)