How many OTA stations do you get?

tdillon

Loster then I Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 9, 2004
How many OTA stations can you tune with the new scanning feature.

This is dependent upon how many stations broadcast in your market and also how strong your antenna is.

I get 35 currently in the La Verne CA area, but the channel scanning shows that more are available if I just had a stronger antenna.

14 with a static mounted highly directional Winegard PR-8800. I am outside of DC and could probably get the Baltimore Stations if I added a rotor. I probably never will though.

Once again I am confused. Is there no such thing as a mapped area anymore?
I am between Toledo, OH and Detroit. I was mapped for Detroit originally, but got no stations. With the help of Sean, i got remapped for Toledo. Now I get all of the Toledo Digital stations, the same as I got before scanning. I assumed I would still not be able to get unmapped Detroit. Am I wrong?

wasch_24 said:
No, what you get now, not yesterday or the day before. J/K Why, did you lose some?

Then I choose zero because the scan function did not add anything for me because I had everything mapped before.

Yes I am asking for the total count the way that the box counts stations. I don't care how many you had before 6.10, I just am interested in how many stations you get in addition to the VOOM satellite stations.

If you can tune 7.1, 7.2 and 7.3 I would count that as 3 stations because in the channel scanning window the VOOM STB would count that as 3.

Thanks for your support :D

Kentstater72 said:
Once again I am confused. Is there no such thing as a mapped area anymore?
I am between Toledo, OH and Detroit. I was mapped for Detroit originally, but got no stations. With the help of Sean, i got remapped for Toledo. Now I get all of the Toledo Digital stations, the same as I got before scanning. I assumed I would still not be able to get unmapped Detroit. Am I wrong?

You can point your antenna to Detroit and use the scanning function and see if you can pick up any of them. As to having them actually mapped -- not yet until super DMA mapping is done.

Sean Mota said:
Then I choose zero because the scan function did not add anything for me because I had everything mapped before.
You miss my point, as I missed yours. I thought that you were implying that you lost a couple after the scan. How many do you get now, regardless if it is a result of the scan or not.

WTF am I doing I've practically hijacked tdillon's thread. I guess I am over zealous because I only have one more day at this crappy job...well not too crappy, I do get to hang out here all day. :)

wasch_24 said:
I guess I am over zealous because I only have one more day at this crappy job...well not too crappy, I do get to hang out here all day. :)

Where are you going wash? To D*/E* ? :eek: :shocked :confused:

Sean Mota said:

Sean:
did you get 4-2, 11-2, and 21-3 before? they were not in my map even though I was mapped for 4-1, 11-1, and 21-2. I only picked them up with the scan.
Joseph

jnardone said:
Sean:
did you get 4-2, 11-2, and 21-3 before? they were not in my map even though I was mapped for 4-1, 11-1, and 21-2. I only picked them up with the scan.
Joseph

Yeah, I guess is three then. 11-2 is the same as 11-1 and 21-3 I do not watch because I have to rotate the antenna and 4-2 is just nbc (don't know if it's the same as 4-1)

Well I live 50 miles north of Chicago and get this, I am receiving OTA CBS from South Bend Indiana. 1 from Canada as well as All Illinois locals. Nice antenna I have :)

Bill

I get 25 channels in West Bend, WI. I currently use two antennas arrayed together in the attic, but once I get the antenna tower with rotator outside, I'll get a bunch more.

i get no more then i did before, still using the a/b switch to get any at all, i am gettin so tired of getting up out of my recliner and using the a/b switch to watch the sat channels then switch it to the other side to watch the local channels, when its supposed to be connected directly to the rec, but if i do that it wont pick up any local channels at all, so i still need to use the a/b switch to watch the local channels and the sat channels,

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)