How many people are happy with Blockbuster @ Home?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jerryez

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
Pensacola,FL
How many people are happy with Blockbuster @ Home? It just seems to me that most people are unhappy with BB@H. There are very few defenders on this forum. How many people get the movie package thru Dish? What percentage of those even use the mail order movie part of the package? Just curious. Is anyone else out there happy with the package. Only the happy ones post here. There are plenty of other threads for bellyaching.

Im not happy with it, they are too slow to ship movies... (Hell I have had 3 games in my queue for over 2 months now, and it took them two weeks to send me my next movie... coouldn't they have sent me one of my games instead?)

IN addition I have had issues with broken discs and in one case they said the disc was mailed but we never got anything.

I NEVER had these issues with Netflix.

Im not happy with it, they are too slow to ship movies... (Hell I have had 3 games in my queue for over 2 months now, and it took them two weeks to send me my next movie... coouldn't they have sent me one of my games instead?)

IN addition I have had issues with broken discs and in one case they said the disc was mailed but we never got anything.

That's strange because I've never had slow service like that and we're most likely mailing them back to the same service center (Hartford). Just this week, I mailed back a movie on Monday, got an email that they received it at 09:04am on Tuesday, and received my next disc on Wednesday (short wait in queue).

I've only received one movie that wouldn't play, no obvious damage. I reported it on the web site and the replacement BR played fine....

In general, we are quite happy with BB@H added thru Dish. The streaming portion just doesn't show much at all - this needs some real work, IMHO. We would like to see more 3D too.

Still, the one movie at a time is nice and had no problems so far. This was a very nice add-on to our existing Dish service, just would like to see BB@H enhanced to make it the gem it really could be.

In general, we are quite happy with BB@H added thru Dish. The streaming portion just doesn't show much at all - this needs some real work, IMHO. We would like to see more 3D too.

Still, the one movie at a time is nice and had no problems so far. This was a very nice add-on to our existing Dish service, just would like to see BB@H enhanced to make it the gem it really could be.

Agree with you. I was into the platinum pack just to get HDNMV and MGM years ago. Over time it's grown to include all the Epix channels, Retro, Indie, and Sony at the same price. So it's hard for me to complain about the added discs and streaming, even if I did have any problems. I can understand if you got it recently for the Blockbuster part and you're unhappy, I guess. To me, it's just added value to what I already liked. It even got me to finally hook up my receiver wirelessly. After the bad pub about streaming, I was pleasantly surprised when even that's worked well, though I didn't care either way.

I am very happy with it. I was already using a Blockbuster by Mail 3 disk plan and a Netflix streaming only account for about 6 months before Dish offered this. Linking my accounts got me some extra channels and some on demand options I didn't have before. I have only used the streaming about 3 or 4 times because it is not easy to find stuff to watch through it but the picture quality has been amazing every time I use it.

I like it better than Netflix for disks because they don't have the ridiculous 28 or 56 day windows before they are allowed to rent new releases. There is a Blockbuster about half a mile from my office so in store exchanges for new release Blurays are convenient. I definitely would not be happy if i was relying on this service for streaming though. I have kept my $8 Netflix streaming because it is leaps and bounds ahead of Blockbuster streaming.

I use the 1 BD at a time and it works well for me. It doesn't cost me a dime more so I am quite satisfied...

i love it, great added service i was already paying for, get 2 movies each weekend- 1 in the mail- exchange at the store for other- easy.

I was already paying the $10 for Platinum, before BBMP came along. I'm happy. I'm getting one dvd out at a time for no more $$. I average 1 movie a week. Sometimes 2. Yeah, turnaround time is slower than Netflix, but I'm okay with it. If there's something I want to watch right away, Redbox and a local video store is nearby. What's nice about the video store is they match Redbox prices for new releases, $1.50 for a BluRay movie. And no 30 day wait like Redbox.

Love it, so far I have rented five movies, (all Blu Ray) all arrived in good shape, no problems receiving them or sending them back. Watch the channels in the package often. I feel it is a very good value. Like the others, I had the Platinum package so for the same money I get more now.I also watched "True Grit" last week the second movie I streamed/downloaded. Not bad all for $10 a month. The UI leaves alot to be desired, but if you are going to judge the package on just that you are missing the boat.

Last edited:
I'm happy with it. Was already paying for Platinum and had dropped Netflix during their huge price increase fiasco. I get the same turnaround time as I did with Netflix. Usually works out to 2 Blurays a week (extra $$ with Netflix so I never got em'). I've never not gotten SOMETHING from my Queue. Might not be the top selection but I don't really care. Even titles listed as "Short Wait" often ship. Pretty good deal as an addon to something I was already paying for.

The streaming interface leaves a lot to be desired, but I was easily able to watch all of Boardwalk Empire Season 2 with it. Much better than having to use HBO Go since my laptop doesn't have a HDMI port.

I hope they revamp the streaming interface at some point. A web version would be nice. Usually built my Netflix queue that way instead of on the device itself.

The 1-disc-out-at-a-time is quite nice. I get a BD/week and the turn-around is adequate for me. For the same $10 I'm paying for the Platinum channels, hey, I'm not complaining. The offerings via streaming on the STB need to be increased and the interface made easier/faster. It's usable, just kinda clunky. The image quality of streamed HD is quite nice too, so if they increased the number of titles available, it'd be more useful. Overall, I'm satisfied with BB@Home.

I am not very happy, but I am comparing to Netflix. I have 5-10 movies in my queue at any give time that are listed as available. It can sit for days before a disc is finally shipped. Once I get the email saying it has shipped it usually takes 3-5 days to receive the disc! I am in the same city as the local distribution center. I will ship the disc back at the same time as a Netflix disc. The next morning by 7:30am I have an email from Netflix saying the got the disc. I get an email 3-5 days later from BB saying the received the disc. Then cycle starts over.

My quickest time to receive and send back a disc has been 8 days! I added a new release to my queue on a Monday. Got an email on the release day saying it shipped. Received it on Friday, dropped it in the mail on Saturday and they received it on Wednesday. I can drive to the local center in 10 minutes!

I'll just say I've complained enough about the slow service. So far 2 disks were bad and neither was sent out with same title replacement. Only thing keeping me paying the extra $10+taxes is they do have 3D. But that's like finding the toy in a box of cracker jacks. I have 30 titles in the queue and I only got my second disk for 2012 yesterday!

Yes I am very happy with the service. For the same price I was paying for the former Platinum channels I got one disc out at a time for free. I added two more for $10 and have three out at a time. For me, I now have Platinum plus three out for the price I was paying for Platinum plus one out. Shipping has been pretty good, too, overall. I normally get discs in two days...if it ships from them Monday I get Wednesday, whereas with Netflix I got one day shipping. I've had a few times where it took a day or two longer, but normally it is almost always two days. And I can recall at least once or twice where I did get one day shipping just like Netflix. To be fair I live in the same city as a Netflix center whereas the BB center is about 3 hours away.

The in-store exchanges more than make up for the slightly longer shipping problem. No matter how great Netflix is at what they do, and they are very good...I cannot watch six new release movies in one weekend with them on a three out plan and I have done that several times with BB.

I agree the streaming interface isn't very good at all and the website also needs an overhaul. But the few movies I've tried to stream have done so flawlessly and started almost instantly, just like Netflix. Rewind/Fast Forward work much better than on Netflix streaming, too.

It is a service that is going through a lot of growing pains but for me it is well worth the money and I feel it is a great value that will continue to improve with time.

bbmp has gotten worse and taken longer to get disc and im thinking of cancelling it if it dont get better :)

Last edited:
bbmp has gottenw orse and taken longer to get disc and im thinking of cancelling it if it dont get better :)
I think you should, since you're not watching the 20 channels or streaming the movies that also comes with it.

I think you should, since you're not watching the 20 channels or streaming the movies that also comes with it.

i watch a few of the channels like palladia ,epix hdnm and universal hd :) im really considering it since epix shows so many repeats :)

Scott Greczkowski said:

Scott before the call with Dish' Pres...

Scott Greczkowski said:
Even though I have had trouble with them mailing me DISCs I feel it is a great deal and amazing value.

Scott after the call from Dish' Pres.

I kid; I kid

:D

Sent from my fingers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)