How many people have upgraded to the Hopper/Joey system?

MikeD-C05

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 25, 2003
Nederland , Texas
Well it has been a week since the Hopper hit the market. Just curious how this system has been received here on the satguys website. I have some questions. If anyone who knows how to add a poll to this thread , I would appreciate them adding it so we can gauge just how the hopper system is doing.

1) I would like to know how many people actually upgraded to the new hopper system in the last week?

2)Also how many people will upgrade in the future ?

3)And how many people do NOT plan on upgrading at all ,due to the horror stories about upgrade pricing , installs, lack of features they want etc?

Well it has been a week since the Hopper hit the market. Just curious how this system has been received here on the satguys website. I have some questions. If anyone who knows how to add a poll to this thread , I would appreciate them adding it so we can gauge just how the hopper system is doing.

1) I would like to know how many people actually upgraded to the new hopper system in the last week?

3)And how many people do NOT plan on upgrading at all ,due to the horror stories about upgrade pricing , installs, lack of features they want etc?

I upgraded the first day and I'm glad I did. I've been enjoying it for a week. It's made my TV experiencing at home much more improved.

I know there have been some small issues which I think everyone expected but I'm really surprised with how well the system works from day one. Seems to be pretty solid as of now. As long as the little glitches or bugs do not affect my everyday viewing then I have no issues.

I upgraded on Monday and love it so far. There are a few hiccups (as I expected) but very happy with the system overall. Having Sat Guys to reference helps a great deal!

I upgraded this past Sunday. Having SatGuys helped me help the installer get it flawlessly installed.

Couple of very MINOR usability issues, and a couple of MINOR bugs. BUT for a first PUBLIC release, it's great.

I am glad I did it.

2 Hoppers, 2 Joeys Monday. I'm loving the speed, access to EHD recordings as fast and easy as internal recording, And most fun using my extra Joey with second HDMI port to have access to the other Hopper from our main TV (HDMI selection on my Harmony makes the switch instantaneous).

I upgraded a few days ago from the 722. I had 1 hopper and Joey installed.

I was a bit hesitant, but now do not have any regrets despite the bugs. I think once you figure out the system you will be pretty happy with it.

I swore I wouldn't upgrade any time soon due to many of the reasons the OP listed, but in the end I couldn't resist and got mine installed on the day it was released. I'm glad I did. To keep costs down, I got just a Hopper and no Joeys. Power savings and new features offset the extra cost in my mind. PTAT plus the 3rd tuner solved all my conflict issues of the past, and I have far fewer timers to manage now. The new HD GUI and speed are also very nice improvements. I'm a sucker for cool remote technology too. So the on-screen programming/learning/status, improved range and locate feature of the new remotes is great to have.

I traded my 722k/612/211k for a 2H/2J system. It was a little painful at install time because the tech hosed the 2 Joeys but has been very good since.

I traded my 722K & 622 in for 2 Hoppers and 3 Joeys the first Saturday after the release, I'll be adding a 4th Joey when the boys come home from college this summer. I'm glad I didn't wait, no more waving the remote around trying to reach the TV1/mirrored receiver in the other room.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)