How many recievers?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Longjack

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 6, 2008
Have a Slimline SLS-3 system with 4 recievers (2 HR24 and 2 H25).
Can I add 2 additional H24 recievers to this setup, or do I have do add anything to accomadate such?

Have a Slimline SLS-3 system with 4 recievers (2 HR24 and 2 H25).
Can I add 2 additional H24 recievers to this setup, or do I have do add anything to accomadate such?

When you go over 8 tuners you need a SWM 16. You have 6 now and will be moving up to 10. Just order the DVRs from Directv and they'll do the rest.

He has six tuners now and wants to go to eight. That's no problem with his current setup.

Thanks for the response and given I currently have 4 receivers and am thnking of adding 2 for a total of 6, it appears I'm OK ???.....

Thanks for the response and given I currently have 4 receivers and am thnking of adding 2 for a total of 6, it appears I'm OK ???.....

You are ok.....just notice that the guys used the term "tuners." Think 2 tuners per recorder (HDDVR) and one tuner per receiver (IRD). It is a small distinction but if you start adding recorders you start using up available ports pretty quick.
And the SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch) uses splitters while earlier equipment uses multiswitches with multiple ports. Order what ya want....the guys with the tools can sort it.

Joe

Last edited:
You are ok.....just notice that the guys used the term "tuners." Think 2 tuners per recorder (HDDVR) and one tuner per receiver (IRD). It is a small distinction but if you start adding recorders you start using up available ports pretty quick.
And the SWM (Single Wire Multiswitch) uses splitters while earlier equipment uses multiswitches with multiple ports. Order what ya want....the guys with the tools can sort it.

Joe

Yes, thats the nice thing about ordering directly from D*, if you order recvrs and the total requires different equipment, dish, LNB's switches whatnot, they will take care of it for you.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)