How many rooms can new 5-LNB dish support?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chuckaluck

Original poster
Dec 28, 2006
Presently we have three rooms hooked up (1 HD, 2 SD) and am considering to add SD receivers to two other bedrooms. Does anyone know how much DirecTV charges (in addition to the additional receiver fees) for an installation to add add'l rooms? While I have wall jacks for the rooms I'm not sure there have been leads coming off from the dish into our house to connect to these rooms.

4 rooms come with the free install service. Not sure what the additional fee is because local contractors actually do the installs, not DirecTV. They might have different fees in separate areas; not 110% sure.

You can add a multi-switch (compatible with the 5 LNB dish) that should go as many as 8 outlets. That should be another addition "up-charge", but you can buy it yourself on the front end. http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_display.asp?PROD=WB68

There are likely more expensive methods to add more if needed, but this should satisfy the most advanced home users.

Likely all the outlets lead up into the attic where there is a distribution splitter as it was setup for cable origional I bet. If you find where that cable TV lead comes into the home/roof area, you are likely to be able to find the distibution point.

This is where the 4 cable runs from the dish would go to, and the multi-switch will replace the cable splitter. This is how I did mine back when I bought my home and likely how a contractor will do it as well.

A multiswitch is no additonal upcharge if its part of an install or an upgrade...the only time that it is a additonal charge is when you want it for antoher reason

I needed two WB68 switches and they were free with the installation. They will provide whatever you need to connect your recievers. They want that $5 each month.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)