how much are you guys paying

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

cfkillers

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 23, 2004
pg county, maryland
my bill was 180 dollars and i got installed May 1st.
im paying 5 dollars for hbo
5 for showtime
0 for starz
25 dollar promotion credit
partial month service rate 14 dollars
partial month basic service 5.62
comcast internet 29.99
partial month 28.15
digital plus a/o 19.90
digital converter 6.50
economy package 56.95
dvr svc 19.90
internet modem 3
i have 2 hddvrs and 1 regular digital box.
the two hd dvrs are costing me 20 a month with the dvr service and an extra 9 something for the rental fee.
and these partial months how can i have a partial month when i signed up may 1st.
how did everyone else first bill look?

Hi cfkillers, Those first bills are sometimes a shocker. But in response to your question on payments, my was an easy $34.99 a month. This pays for:

Standard and Digital Plus (which covers alot of stations like 6 channels of discovery, NFL network and the rest)

12 Channels of Encore

12 Channels of HBO W/HD for one of them

On Demand HD 1 & 2

ABC, NBC, CBS, FOX, PBS, UPN, PAX "all in HD"

HD Digital Video Recorder

That's as much that I can remember right now. I am good with this price for 16 months. I had free installation. I have DSL with BellSouth for about $23. I don't need the Cable DSL.

Some time after the 16 months come to a close I'll see what E* has to offer vs. it HD lite at present. So I an just waiting on the side enjoying something that E* cannot provide at present. I am saving over $50 a month and in 16 month that's a cool $800.00.

My Deal

I got my deal from a Comcast direct sales guy: Good for 12 months

$29.95/month for digital cable

free HDDVR (with its quality it should be free) (although a bit better lately)

$.9.95/month X 2 for two non DVR HD Boxes (3 rooms in HD total)=$19.90/month

$5/month each for Showtime, HBO, Cinemax,Stars and the Movie Channel=$25/month

$29.95 /month for Internet (for the first 6 months I will fight (or beg LOL) for 12 months)
So all the Premiums, 3 Rooms in HD plus including one HDDVR plus internet

Total = $104.80 (got the 5 premiums for free the first month)

I cringe at how much this will cost after my Satellite buyback promo ends in 12 months. On to Verizon FIOS (if it is ready) or back to Satellite!
Wayne

HDDVR Cost vs HD Non-DVR cost

cfkillers said:
the two hd dvrs are costing me 20 a month with the dvr service and an extra 9 something for the rental fee.
and these partial months how can i have a partial month when i signed up may 1st.

cfkillers,

Up here in B'more MD, due to Satellite buyback the first HDDVR has no lease price. If I had opted for a second HDDVR it would have cost $5 more than the $9.95 per month that I pay for a HDNonDVR box ($14.95/month). It tallied as follows: $4.95/month for digital box plus $5 more for HD plus $5 more for DVR to arrive at $14.95.
Wayne

Well here in Denver with discounts and such right now I pay $83+tax for Digital Plat w/all Premium channels including ODemand and HD, 1 HDDVR 6412. So far not too bad but at same time can safely say they definitly need to expand the HD selection ASAP hehe.

cfkillers said:
my bill was 180 dollars and i got installed May 1st.
im paying 5 dollars for hbo
5 for showtime
0 for starz
25 dollar promotion credit
partial month service rate 14 dollars
partial month basic service 5.62
comcast internet 29.99
partial month 28.15
digital plus a/o 19.90
digital converter 6.50
economy package 56.95
dvr svc 19.90
internet modem 3

just a note: you could cut your bill in half with dish.. and sbc (dont know if you live in a sbc area but this is what i pay a month)

Dishnetwork AEP: 86.95
HD PACK 9.99
VOOM ORG 5
SBC DSL 20 BUCKS

roughly 120 after taxes and so... This is the normal rate... I actually pay around 80 for all of this after employee disconts and club dish discounts.. I have a

HD DVR 942.... 811, 510 and a 311

Just a thought.. dont know if you ever went with Dish or not.. If not give it a shot... Every one has there own likes and Dislikes.. Go with what ever works for you.. but that 30 bucks you save adds up over the year.. 30 x 13 = 360 Dollars saved a year. Almost enough to make a car payment or extra spending mony.. I also understand that cable is the only option in certin cases.. just a thought.....

im looking at dish real closely right now.
what i need is 1 hddvr and one regular hdbox and 1 standard box. but i don't think dish has a special giving out those items.

I have there platinum package with HD, 3 receivers. paying 119 a month which includes a promotional credit 25 dollars a month for a year

if you go to dishnetwork.com you might be surpised.. I know to get a 942 (hd dvr.) there is a 250 lease fee. but its well worth it. You get HD DVR features in one room and in the 2nd room you will be able to view hd but in standard def and have dvr features too. (1st room hd 2nd room standard def w/ hd) and a 811 (HD standerd box) that should set you up. You will love it... If you need a club dish referal pm me and i can get you one.. it will also hook you up for 50 bucks off your first bill and free install to.

The promo I have includes
Platinum (standard analog and digitals, HBO, MAX, Showtime, Starz, TMC)
1 HD box
1 SD box
free install
$59.00 a month for 6 months. AFter that it goes up to $112/ month

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts