How much are you savings on orby ?

tritron

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 14, 2009
Denver, co
How much are you savings on orby compared to direc tv or dish cable ? If understand to have 3 up to 4 receivers is $40 or $50 a month if you add dvr that extra $4 a month. Can you have 3 dvr for only $54 a month ?

And you get what you pay for. The Orby DVR's are primitive at best and their program selections and picture quality are down right poor.

To bad a troll doesn't own the system that they know so much about.... Just sayin' LOL!!!

You'd think he owns Dish Network, as much as he's a fanboy of that, and disses everything else, or anybody that would even have a thought of getting anything except Dish Network at their house... Even Charlie himself isn't that annoying...

This guy does not know what he is talking about.

It's worth every penny. I enjoy it more for the money. I'm saving for the stations I want and on all the other systems. Cable, direct and dish I have to pay twice as much.

I also get to own my equipment. Which pays for its self. I first year.

No contract. So if for some reason I can't pay. I don't get hit with 200 to 400 dollars.

And the DVR works fine for me. But this guy is hating. Because most people don't car about all those things. When you can save 50 to 100 dollars a month.
And you do not need internet. Another plus.

Reactions: dishdude
First of all, I do think Orby serves a niche market and I hope they're successful for the long haul since competition is typically good for consumers. That said, there are a few misconceptions in the previous post. I own all of my Dish equipment and pay month to month with no contract. I can stop my service at any time by just not paying the next bill with no penalties. Also Dish only requires an Internet connection if you want to use the available Internet based features.

I would consider Orby if they carried more of the channels we watch, but as it is, we're considering dropping satellite completely in favor of streaming. Our cell based Internet carriers signals have improved considerably over the past few years, and now we only rarely find a location where streaming is marginal.

The problem with streaming is Data.

See people like to think it's like the old days of c band. When you paid for what you want.. Except that there is no data usage when you use satellite TV programming.

Now I almost learned a lesson a few years back. When my house hold use to stream 3 to 4 people at a time.

The best internet for data is cable. You get the most data for the buck.
Well as long as you don't go over 1024 gig of data.

Then it 10 dollars for ever 50 gigs.
And I have talked to people who have had internet bill over 200 dollars a month. Because of streaming. Not including Netflix or what ever they have.

I know my brother had his own boxes at one time.. But there is one problem. When the box becomes out dated. You have to buy new ones. With that said.

Orby boxes will probably have 10 Year life.
My 4dtv boxes lasted 20 years.

And because they use the dvb-s2 standard. There probably is 20 years to go on them as well.

Just like this year. I'm buying my own cable modem. I'm sick of giving 14.00 dollars a month away.

Plus I'll get to pick my modem. I don't care to have one with Wi-Fi on it. I'd rather have a stand alone router. Which has better features on it.

And in a year it would pay for its self.

We have two unlimited data plans with no throttling. Our AT&T plan is $22.49/mo, and our Visible (Verizon) plan is $25/mo. Both plans are subject to "deprioritization" that can slow them down briefly while on a heavily used tower, but we rarely notice it. We also have an unlimited data Spectrum account at our upstate NY cottage for $14.99/mo that we use when we're there. And we own our AT&T hotspot, our Visible phone/hotspot, and our cable modem...

To bad a troll doesn't own the system that they know so much about.... Just sayin' LOL!!!

I wouldn't own one but I do have experience with more than one and I'm not impressed at all.
[automerge]1577806063[/automerge]
You'd think he owns Dish Network, as much as he's a fanboy of that, and disses everything else, or anybody that would even have a thought of getting anything except Dish Network at their house... Even Charlie himself isn't that annoying...

Dish and DirecTV are both good systems, Orby is not.

• Haha
Reactions: Titanium
:facepalm Too bad you simply are unable to comprehend that many of us are very happy with the Orby Service as it meets our needs. Dish Network and DirecTV are bloated service providers that overcharge for channels, which I don't watch or wish to pay for, but you don't see me trolling in those forums. :deadhorse3

I wouldn't own one

:facepalm Too bad you simply are unable to comprehend that many of us are very happy with the Orby Service as it meets our needs. Dish Network and DirecTV are bloated service providers that overcharge for channels, which I don't watch or wish to pay for, but you don't see me trolling in those forums. :deadhorse3

Nope, I can't comprehend why anybody would settle for this when for a few bucks more they could have a real TV service.

You don't personally 'troll' the Dish or DirecTV forums and I respect that but a LOT of others do. The only thing I'm trying to do here is point out the negatives of this service which people should be aware of before they buy in. Nothing personal. :)

Nope, I can't comprehend why anybody would settle for this when for a few bucks more they could have a real TV service.

You don't personally 'troll' the Dish or DirecTV forums and I respect that but a LOT of others do. The only thing I'm trying to do here is point out the negatives of this service which people should be aware of before they buy in. Nothing personal. :)

The point of the forum is to help people with their satellite services. Not crap on them especially when you have never used one.

Please stop.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Honestly, Orby would not work for me. I won’t even activate a free showroom receiver.

Not that it’s a bad service, it’s just not for me

At the office Fox News is on my desk 24/7. I have to have regional sports for my Tigers, and I have to have HD.

Looking at the transponder mapping. I can’t see them shoving 30 channels per transponder even at 8psk/mpeg4 and being able to provide an HD picture. They are only using 2 transponders at 117

The price is there, but I don’t even watch Directv at my house. I’m on Comcast and a TiVo for the last 3 years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)