How much did you spend for your 4DTV

How much did you spend for your 4DTV

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I bought my 905 for 200 plus shipping new from Skyvision I think in 2000. It was when the price for one first came down from 350-400. I loved it and still do. The thing is built like a tank. Also bought my Orbitron-7 dish from them around 1998. Skyvision is good people.

I paid about $150,000 for my 920 in 2002. Of course it did come with an attached house and 1.5 acres of land...

The previous owner had cancelled their subscription, but the unit was still authorized. I cruised satellites looking for wild feeds and got hooked. I've been with Skyvision ever since.

My first 920 was $300 and years later picked one up used at $100. I like the remote control look of 920 so never upgraded to a 922. Process of changing batteries and have one completed and online. Using a 8.5 ft screen dish purchased years ago and had a tracker receiver on it before 4dtv. Pizza dishes suck compared to BUD. We get free channels on BUD that the pizza dish guys charge for figures !:D

I came late to the cband game...1998 when I moved to the sticks (or styx, depending on your viewpoint!;^) ) The 10ft Weingard and GI V5 or 8 or something with a really cool remote were FREE from a friend living on an island...I know! What a way to waste an afternoon...have to take a ferry ride to a pretty island on a nice summer day, to pick up a 10 foot dish (we took it apart into nice bite-sized triangles,) a pole, and the receiver! Oh, the Horror!! hahahahaha. We got it home and the receiver's VCII board didn't work. Replaced with a newer one (from an actual INSTALLER,) and then the power supply in the receiver went out after a year. Replaced it with a Drake ESR (built to LAST...still using it!) and bought 905 in 2003 or 2004 for 179.00 from Skyvision (was told it was one of the last ones they had!) Total spent including various calamities which I'll elaborate on later, $700.00 for 12 great years of fun TV. 58.00 month, not including programming of course! Since we literally have no cable service and no DSL hub, there is no other option for TV other than the STELLAR new-and-improved OTA ***DIGITAL*** (sarcastic fanfare, please!!!!!) TV. I count my blessings that I have reliable service and EXCELLENT tech support between providers and good info gleaned from forums! Long Live AFFORDABLE TV, or I guess I could just read a book! :) after all, it still is ONLY TV! (llok up Frank Zappa's Slime on the Video.)

I paid about $150,000 for my 920 in 2002. Of course it did come with an attached house and 1.5 acres of land...

The previous owner had cancelled their subscription, but the unit was still authorized. I cruised satellites looking for wild feeds and got hooked. I've been with Skyvision ever since.

That means that when the battery dies and it loses its ID....you have to move out of the house LOL.....

i love my two 905's. they are very nice and well built. they run cool. so much better than than these new cheapo chinese receivers now days.

$2.00 for a 920 at the thrift store the other day. I'm still contemplating on whether I will keep it or not. I haven't set up my ku dish at my new place yet, so I still don't know if I'll have good LOS for a c-band setup. Not much real estate in the backyard, though...bah!

That means that when the battery dies and it loses its ID....you have to move out of the house LOL.....

i love my two 905's. they are very nice and well built. they run cool. so much better than than these new cheapo chinese receivers now days.

I had the battery replaced last year, so hopefully I won't be moving anytime soon. After getting moved into this house, I don't ever want to go through that again.

Know what you mean...I think I moved the last time 15 years ago. I want to stay where I am...good view of the entire southern sky arc of satellites

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)