how much do you pay for internet?

Contact your ISP and ask them if they offer monitoring options, I called mines and they told me that I could monitor it myself on their webstie so its worth giving it a try.

Also they might have your usage history for the past months so you can average your usage.

I just signed up with them a day ago as we just moved. I had ATT dsl but never checked then.
I think CMA (the cable company) offers monitoring. Ill check at the end of this month and see what I need to do .

Using an outdoor Yagi 20 element antenna for free wifi within 2 miles. Scanning about 10 open hotspots with average 10/2mb speeds.
My cost $0.00 a month. Cost for antenna $25 on ebay.

For secured connection (banking email etc) then I use my rooted EVO for that.

You really should pay for your own internet connection. Much more secure than connecting to unsecured hotsports.

I’m not really about costs, but am about quality. And from what I’ve seen in the real world, data cards outperform tethering. Tethering is a half assed solution IMO. Wired tethering can be a pain if you use the laptop on your lap and the phone is just sitting there if you have no real place it set it. The small compact size of the USB air card is nice. Wireless tethering, YUCK! I can’t stand anything wifi, and will only use it if it’s beyond my last resort. I would never use wireless tethering in a million years. I could use the legitimate excuse about the issue of being able to use the phone for voice when tethered but that doesn’t apply to me since I don’t use my Evo for voice. And plus I feel actually paying for the data card is the right thing to do. I don’t care what it costs, Sprint and Time Warner Cable are two companies I have no problem paying money to, hence why combined they get about $550/month from me. Its a true honor to do business with them. Two awesome companies that are about a million times better than any competitor means I don’t care what it costs, infact, I believe my bills should be higher for the awesome services I receive from them.
:wtf::loco::haha:haha

34.99 for Comcast 16/4. Also get my Philly HD locals through the TV tuner, since I've "moved" and get Hartford locals through Dish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

isaacmorseMI said:
How did you get that low of a price?

12 month special for preformance internet at 29.99/mo + 5.00 for modem rental. Found it on the xfinity website when we were moving a few weeks ago, beats the 59.99 we were paying for 12-15/1 through Verizon DSL.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using SatelliteGuys

I am paying $25 for FIOS 35/35 as part of there bundle. But before switching to using FIOS TV it was 43 FOR FIOS 20/5 without TV.

DodgerKing said:
IOW, you are stealing.

Open hotspots at Starbucks and similiar are considered illegal pal?? Its just an unsecured connection but for browsing is perfectly fine IMHO.

If u think this is illegal then users should not leave their wireless lan open for any one to access it.

pro96 said:
Open hotspots at Starbucks and similiar are considered illegal pal?? Its just an unsecured connection but for browsing is perfectly fine IMHO.
I said in a prior post that it is not an issue for public providers.

I also never stated anything about it being legal or illegal either; Not all stealing is illegal.

If u think this is illegal then users should not leave their wireless lan open for any one to access it.
Again, I never used the word illegal.

So by that same logic it is OK to take something out of someone's garage because they left their garage door opened and did not secure that item?

Freely accessing someone else's service that they pay for without their permission is stealing. It maybe legal, but you are still taking something from someone without their permission and without compensation. That is the definition of stealing. Public sites allow for open and free use so it is not stealing.

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Freely accessing someone else's service that they pay for without their permission is stealing.
Not in the case mentioned as I recal ( Starbucks)l. If a company offers their internet wifi to the public then it is not stealing. Generally, these services offered to the public are doing this as a form of advertising because they usually have splash pages you have to see in order to use the service. I call them nag pages. Others, like hotels do require passwords that are given to registered guests; to hack into these would of course be stealing. Two weeks ago I was at an Dennys restaurant. They advertise "FREE Internet" You have to agree on the nag page to the liability release but deep in the fine print, they ask your permission to establish Dennys as your new home page on your device. Few will read that but click OK and their software replaces your favorite home page with Denny's Advertising. You have to manually remove it and put yours back when you are through with using their "FREE Internet" Nothing is really FREE anymore. IT all has a price to pay, just the free stuff is sold for non cash payment, either your personal data or your time to view advertising.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)