how much do you pay for internet?

Symbol

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 24, 2009
Puerto Rico
I'm kinda stumped, I pay $62 for 4mb download/360kbps upload with a 40gb cap($17 for every 10gigs after you hit the cap, thanks god theres no cap in upload which lets me enjoy my 922 remotely)...
I can't wait for sprint to come out with wimax in my area so I can have unlimited wireless broadband

That and around $75 for dish a month(A120,922,211k,insurance) makes up around $137 a month(my isp offers TV and phone service but cable with them is like $80bucks if I wanted HD DVRs)

so how much do you pay? why are you with your provider instead of another? what are the caps like in the U.S.?

I'm kinda stumped, I pay $62 for 4mb download/360kbps upload with a 40gb cap($17 for every 10gigs after you hit the cap, thanks god theres no cap in upload which lets me enjoy my 922 remotely)...
I can't wait for sprint to come out with wimax in my area so I can have unlimited wireless broadband

That and around $75 for dish a month(A120,922,211k,insurance) makes up around $137 a month(my isp offers TV and phone service but cable with them is like $80bucks if I wanted HD DVRs)

so how much do you pay? why are you with your provider instead of another? what are the caps like in the U.S.?

Mine would be $54.95 for 10mb down/1mb upload - no caps (yet anyways), but I don't pay that much yet, because I am bundled with cable under a two year promo, with two hd receivers, one dvr and all their tiers except premium movie channels, but I do get showtime for $115 a month.

Was $35 a month thru Cox for 4 down and 1 up with no caps so far. Just added a land line last week, for the first time in years, because I am working from home more now and need a fax, plus it will save some minutes on my mobile, while I am on hold. $60 a month now for phone and internet thru Cox.

62.95 a month for 16/2 plus PowerBoost with a 250 gig cap with Comcast. 40.00 a month for unlimited voice service also with Comcast.

Sent from my HTC ThunderBolt using the SatelliteGuys App

Damn Iceberg...what kind of speed are you getting?

I have 40/5 for $70, plus I have/need a range of IPs which is $15 for 5 IPs...Total is $85/month through Qwest.

Its only 1.5MB down/896k up but the cable company is so horrible (my neighbor has it and it goes out so much) and there isnt any cable lines run to my house so I have DSL. It does what I need it to do which is get me on the internet. :)

normally its 31.99 with no phone line (have had this for about 5 years now) and 6 months ago I called in and they gave me $20 a month off for 12 months. Have that and DIrectv billed though it

$30/month for 15 down with TWC for two years (normally $45/month). I consistently get 20 to 30 down because I am one of the few people who actually use TWC. Most here use FiOs or Verizon DSL so I get no traffic slowdown with TWC.

Every two years I call them and tell them I will be switching to FiOs and they give me another 2 year discount

Last edited:
I live in an area with no cable, so it is DSL or nothing (except satellite I guess).

I pay $63/mo for 15M down and 768k upload. No caps.

That price includes a basic landline phone line with unlimited local and 30 min long distance.
They won't sell the DSL without it. (Actually they do, it is $69 for 15mb DSL w/o phone line).

I think I pay about $40 (give or take $5) for 25mb down/6mb up with Cox. No complaints. Much appreciated after being stuck with 6mb Uverse for 2 years.

Sent from my iPad2 using SatelliteGuys

$54 per month for WideOpenWest 15/1 service. Pretty crappy when this is one of the fastest service providers in my area. WOW, TW and Insight all have 15/1 service. Uverse is the only one that tops that at 24Mb speeds but I am just out of reach of their service.

Too much. $40/mo for 5mbps down and 600Kbps up AT&T DSL. I am still waiting for U-Verse to come to our neighborhood, but after hearing my friends' and family's woes with the service, I'm not sure I'd risk it unless they ran fiber to the side of my house.

The WiMax solution isn't on my side of town, either. Comcast is an option, but I like my Dish and I'm not paying for TV just to get Internet.

Wasn't there a thread like this not more than a month ago?

Anywho, I have two ISPs, Time Warner Cable and Sprint. Not sure what the cost for internet is as the line item just says 'Signature Home - $199.99' for Time Warner for 50Mb Down/5Mb Up broadband (no caps), digital cable and digital phone. It would be $99 if I didn’t bundle. I pay $50/month for my Sprint 3G/4G data card. I have the capped 5GB plan which is normally $60 but get a $10 bundling discount since my voice lines are under an Unlimited Plan. I get about 2Mb Down/750Kb Up when I have a decent 3G signal, I haven’t taken it to a 4G area yet but I get upwards of 12Mb Down/1Mb Up on 4G on my HTC Evo. I saw no real need to opt for the 8GB plan as the data card is only for use on my laptop.

I wish we could have decent pricing and caps here in Puerto Rico,We have 3 cable providers on the island

Liberty Cable- decent speeds compared to One Link and no caps, sadly its not available where I live(east/central area)- $65 for 10mb/512k without caps

One Link(the one I currently have) Offer 4mb/368k for $57 or 6mb/768k for $77 and both plans are limited to 40gb....

Choice Cable- Amazing speeds, I believe they are one of the few to offer 20mb down without caps (not available in my area, only south/west)

sadly the metro(main) area of the island is stuck with One Link as the cable provider, we have DSL options from the local telco but you need to have home phone with them in order to get internet service, $57 for phone with 300mins and 3mb/512 DSL without caps, I remember once having their service and it would drop out with rains around the area so I'm kinda scared of ditching cable for 2 years with horrible dsl

Theres a company called caribe net which offers some sort of wireless broadband by installing a small dish on my roof(Its not satellite, it goes to a tower nearby) they claim to be better than satellite,cable and dsl and offer me 3mb/1mb without caps for $44.99 a month, anyone know if these services tend to be good?

Last edited:
I'm still on my business account with Comcast. It's $99.99 for 45Mb down and I am getting 15Mb up. I think consumer account in this area is about $70 for similar speed. I like the speed because it is never an issue here if watching streaming HD on Netflix and 2 of us are surfing the internet at the same time. But the main point of the Business account is it is never down for more than an hour or two and that only happens 1-2 times a year. It's unlimited bandwidth.

I also have Verizon 4G ( LTE) which is about 20Mb down and 8Mb up. I have grandfathered in unlimited for life and the cost is $35 per month on my cell phone with Verizon tethering service which so far has been free under a promo I got with the phone purchase back in March.

Hey, at least you can watch netfli:mad:we cant since our ip is outside of the U.S.) and you have a ton of bandwidth, here the 4mb is shared with 2desktops, 3laptops, 922 and an xbox 360. funny thing though is according to my isp traffic meter we have passed the 40gb limit, yet we have never been billed overage fees. which should be $17 per extra 10gbs
March- 51gb downloaded/ 11.42gb uploaded
April- 42gb downloaded/ 9.36gb uploaded
Cant speak of the 922 yet since we got it on late april but according to the isp the upload is unlimited

Theres a company called caribe net which offers some sort of wireless broadband by installing a small dish on my roof(Its not satellite, it goes to a tower nearby) they claim to be better than satellite,cable and dsl and offer me 3mb/1mb without caps for $44.99 a month, anyone know if these services tend to be good?

I used a similar service here before cable/DSL got here. Some of my friends that live out of town still use the service (no cable or dsl available) and are still happy with it. It probably depends on how well provisioned they are (i.e. number of users vs their link capacity). It was very reliable.

Found this, looks like they have a few install costs modem, purchase would be 89.00 + 75 install fee would be around $164 to get the service running, I called them and they said they have good coverage in my area but just incase anything happens, they send the tech to measure the signal quality and stuff in my home before installing.
http://www.caribe.net/Documents/NetSpeed.pdf
I can settle for their 3mb download package since they offer a minimum of 500k during peak hours upload and up to 1.5mb
I'd love the 10mb package but $99 a month is too much.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)