How Much for the HR20?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greaser00

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 26, 2005
If you are an existing customer and have the Samsung 360, how much is it to upgrade for the HR20?

If you are an existing customer and have the Samsung 360, how much is it to upgrade for the HR20?
You TS 360 is worth about $100 on Ebay the HR20 leases for $299.:) You could call Directv and see if they will give you any better terms than the advertised prices but seeing that DVR is in short supply I wouldn't hold my breath.

Anywhere from free to $299. Play CSR roulette.

I got mine from free. Started at $299 from CSR. Asked for retention and they offered it to me for $99. Since Dish offers HD locals in our area, I indicated that it might be time to check out Dish's new HD DVR and the price dropped to free.

BTW, I currently own a HR10-250 and not under any committments, so I had some leverage.

I got mine at wally world for $105.00 including tax and they gave me 4 months free hd package. Also, if you a long term customer than is in good standards in terms of payments, you can upgrade for free every 6 months, all you do is pay for shipping.

Retention first offered it to me for $399 (2 months ago). Laughed at them. They came back with $320, with $150 instant bill credit and free showtime and HBO for 6 months. Told them looks like I will be a Charter customer next week. They changed it to $318 with $150 instant credit and another $150 in credits spread over a 12 month span. I took that.

The more I thought of it, the more irritated I got that I had to shell out that much up front and wait for my money back. Called retention again (to also see when this lame waitlist will clear) and told them I want a more equitable agreement. We settled on this: I pay $199 spread over 3 months and they provide an immediate $199 credit on my bill on the first month. If you want to go for it, I am told it is called the friends and family program for the HR20.

Good luck.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20-700 swap between channels?

Change to Directv

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)