How much is DTV responsible for on the upgrades

Status
Please reply by conversation.

oldandmoldy

Original poster
Jul 27, 2004
Have had DTV for 7 years and just took advantage of the free upgrade for local channels. The joker they sent out pathetic. I knew I would have some problems getting the 119 for local channels (zip 25123, WV) due to trees on property. But my son, who installs for DTV and Dish, said they should get it if they mounted the dish on a pole or on the roof, not on the end of the house where the others were. Well the DTV guy said this was a dish relocation and he would have to have a work order and I would being paying a lot to have it set on a pole. But he said he would take $25 under the counter to put it on the roof. So I let him, but still no 119. He was here 3 hours jerking around and still did not hook up the ground cable he ran. We also had aerial antenna run for local channels. I specifically told him to be sure it was still connected to back of receiver, so we can turn receiver off and pick up locals ( no matter how lousy) in case there is something we want to watch. Does he do that - NO. He make this pretty little piggy tail box outside, where we have to trek and plug in the antenna cable. I've talked to DTV, but they don't seem to offer much help. Actually they are kind of dense. Any feelings on this? :mad: :( :confused:

Well 3 hrs... he lost his day... The pole mount was very reasonable
The OTA should have been ran, and definately GROUNDED!

I would call back to DTV and gripe!

Good old lame-assed installer work ethic. I am glad these problem children of the satellite industry do not reside in Colorado. Of course since I have always self-installed I have only had to deal with the gomers from E* and V*.

I have always found it puzzling as to why it took 5 hours to install Voom. having enough experience I am thinking I could have completed this in under 90 minutes, including the OTA install which I have also done, the guy just needed to strap the dang thing to a pole.

3 Hours for D*? you must have one big house ...

yeah, fredfa, he probably will when he has a day off. Right now he is installing and upgrading 7 days a week and traveling to Ohio - we are in WV. The guy DTV sent was from Ohio and came to WV to install. Interesting. And no, I don't have a big house, just a little double wide. Oh yeah, there were actually 2 of them doing the work. That makes it even better. I called DTV again today and said they would put a service person in touch with me, but I won't hold my breath. I only did the upgrade to get the locals.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)