How much longer do I have to wait for Fox Business Channel?

Idiot Alert! Global Warming is real. When will you realize that? I bet you also think that Los Angeles is just really cloudy all the time too...

The good news is we normally chilly folk here in Maine are predicted to be one of the largest wine growing regions in the United States (Along with Washington State) in 50 years (usurping that title from the soon to be Napa Desert.) So, I don't really care that much as it will be good business for my kids and grand kids. Screw everyone else. See, I can hold Republican values too!

Gay card? I don't have issue with sexuality. I have issue with hypocrites who say being gay is wrong until they get caught with another man. Those types are almost aways Republican and I was pointing out the latest two cases of such in Congress.

I bring it up because I know it makes Republicans squirm to keep hearing that the homosexual community has a stake in the party, including numerous other closeted Congressmen that will be outed sooner or later.

These days it is like Christmas every few months...
whats with the name calling? someone doesnt agree with you and you start saying idiot alert? Show some maturity in your arguments please.

Thats what libs always do.. They get their panties all soiled and start calling names and assasinating character. They've always done this. Btw, THANK YOU for putting up Hillary as a candidate... now we actually have a great shot at retaining the presidency. How many elections must they lose before they realize northeast liberals do not win.

whats with the name calling? someone doesnt agree with you and you start saying idiot alert? Show some maturity in your arguments please.

Global warming is not an Agree/Disagree thing. If someone disputed that water was wet, would you have an issue calling them an idiot?

No one that has half a brain is disputing Global warming beyond those people with something to gain if they can make it go away. The argument ended a decade ago. Now we are only trying to figure out how bad it is and if we can stop it.

Btw, THANK YOU for putting up Hillary as a candidate... now we actually have a great shot at retaining the presidency. How many elections must they lose before they hrealize northeast liberals do not win.

This election is win-win-win for me. We either get a Democrat - Hillary/Obama/Edwards. An almost Democrat -Rudy. Or a Constitutionalist - Ron Paul!

I don't think I can lose! Two liberal North Easterners leading the polls (one from each party) while other religious right Republicans are considering going the third party route to steal votes from each other! Whoo hoo! Wake me....I think I am dreaming!

Even though I am a registered Democrat I'll vote for Rudy over Hillary or Barrack. It is Edwards, Giuliani or Ron Paul for me in that order.....I might be liberal but that does not mean I am going to vote for another Clinton in good conscience.

Last edited:
Global warming is not an Agree/Disagree thing. If someone disputed that water was wet, would you have an issue calling them an idiot?

No one that has half a brain is disputing Global warming beyond those people with something to gain if they can make it go away. The argument ended a decade ago. Now we are only trying to figure out how bad it is and if we can stop it.
Tell that to the people that dont buy into it.
Our planet has gone through cylces of climatic changes since it was formed. We havent been here long enough to really feel out what effect we are actually having on it. there are good points to going green to an extent, but to bash people that dont agree 100 percent with the idea of global warming is childish at best.

Global warming is not an Agree/Disagree thing. If someone disputed that water was wet, they are either right or wrong (I am going to go out on a limb and say wrong.) There are no shades of Grey.

This election is win-win-win for me. We either get a Democrat - Hillary/Obama/Edwards. An almost Democrat -Rudy. Or a Constitutionalist - Ron Paul!

I don't think I can lose! Two liberal North Easterners leading the polls (one from each party) while other religious right Republicans are considering going the third party route to steal votes from each other! Whoo hoo! Wake me....I think I am dreaming!

Even though I am a registered Democrat I'll vote for Rudy over Hillary or Barrack. It is Edwards, Giuliani or Ron Paul for me in that order.....I might be liberal but that does not mean I am going to vote for another Clinton in good conscience.

I think some here would like Ru Paul.

Tell that to the people that dont buy into it.
Our planet has gone through cylces of climatic changes since it was formed. We havent been here long enough to really feel out what effect we are actually having on it. there are good points to going green to an extent, but to bash people that dont agree 100 percent with the idea of global warming is childish at best.

Science disagrees with you. If you want to make this a political issue even though it is not, fine.....but scientists are 99.99% sure that we are altering the earthen environ. They have looked back through over 600,000 years of polar samples to affix data points to carbon versus temperature and viewed with logarithmic fluidity that the more carbon in the atmosphere, the higher the temperature.

Now I know that the next argument is, "But God only formed the earth 3,432 years ago so how could you have that many years of data...."

...I just don't even know where to begin answering that one for ya so I guess, you win! ;)

Science disagrees with you. If you want to make this a political issue even though it is not, fine.....but scientists are 99.99% sure that we are altering the earthen environ. They have looked back through over 600,000 years of polar samples to affix data points to carbon versus temperature and viewed with logarithmic fluidity that the more carbon in the atmosphere, the higher the temperature.

Now I know that the next argument is, "But God only formed the earth 3,432 years ago so how could you have that many years of data...."

...I just don't even know where to begin answering that one for ya so I guess, you win! ;)
Nope not where i would have went next. But thanks for the win....
Oh yeah are these the same scientist who said eggs are bad, no wait they are good, oh no, my bad they will kill you.....? They were going off of the info that they had at the time. More time to study, the results can change.

Im just saying that we dont have enough knowledge of the past climatic changes to say without a doubt that man is responsible for THIS possible climate change(there have been many others).

ok we can probably get back to topic now huh?

Dude, where do you get your data from? 99.99%? I don't think so. Why don't you go do a little more research. There are a lot of scientists who think global warming is just a cycle. Here's an article from a climatologist in Canada. There are tons more out there. This is just the first one that popped up on Google.

Global Warming, climate change facts

Dude, where do you get your data from? 99.99%? I don't think so. Why don't you go do a little more research. There are a lot of scientists who think global warming is just a cycle. Here's an article from a climatologist in Canada. There are tons more out there. This is just the first one that popped up on Google.

Im pretty sure when you make up numbers to have an argument you can use whatever you want:rolleyes:

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Canada Free Press is a Canadian website, which publishes conservative news stories, features, and editorials.

"conservative"....aka highly skewed towards ignorance.
What a shocker, a conservative right wing org. denying global warming. :cool:

He isn't trying to claim that the right-wing scientists are right. What he is saying is the Fox-Bashing poster is pulling statistics out of his arse. 99.9% of all scientists don't agree with the global warming theory.

Just as shocking as most liberals buying into it? darn now ive done it again.
Really this should be in the pit

There is no argument about this in the scientific community. There is no debate. There is no opinion, only the reality of our environmental neglect.

Just because it might be bad for business, as in it will cost money to find green alternatives to stop dumping millions of tons of pollutants into the atmosphere per second, doesn't mean Global Warming is not happening.

If you reject science you're the idiot, but every village needs one and we welcome you here skottey. May you enjoy the internet. ;)

Typical liberal with your name calling. There most certainly is debate and opinion regarding "global warming."

1- is global warming happening

2- if so, what is causing these effects, pollution or the sun getting hotter (which is normal in the life cycle of a star). There are other feasible reasons as well.

You totally ignored my comments about the sun getting hotter in my last post and then called me the idiot. I think we all know who the idiot is in this back and forth. It goes without saying. You are so far off with your thinking that you make Al Gore look sane.

I agree completely. Problem is, people aren't going to watch those shows if they are in debt.

I'm not sure if I agree with you on this point. I am a computer techie guy and a few of my favorite things to do are to read, listen, or watch other computer techie guys or gals stumble with their answers on the air or in print. I love reading the computer guys column in my local paper. It is always good for a laugh, as I wonder how the heck he got the job with his lack of knowledge and crappy answers. I also learn a thing or two when they are occasionally on the mark with an answer. So I tend to think Ramsey has his share of debt free fans, always looking for new ways of thinking about things and doing things. On the other hand, I could be wrong about his fan base. All I know is that he has a good show with practical advise and good presentation, from what I have seen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts