How much longer will you be with Dish?

I am not concerned about national hd.I am very concerned about out locals in hd! /QUOTE]

I am the exact opposite. Dish added locals to Austin a few months ago requiring a second dish. I never bothered to have it added. I've had ALL my HD locals coming in via antennas for 18 months with all my subchannels and no HD-lite down-rezzing.

I can't get the Fox channels, Viacom, Voom, Rainbow (IFC, AMC), additional premiums, etc. via an antenna. Therefore, I'm wanting more national HD!

Paja, you are the first person I've ever read say that U-verse is better than Dish--especially equipment. I'm considering a one month trial. When I initially subscribed to Dish HD, they *were* the HD leader. Now, DirectTV, Time Warner Cable and U-Verse have all caught up. I'm seriously considering leaving Dish.

I'll miss the DVR, but I learned to stop supporting a losing horse when I stopped buying GM and bought a Toyota two years ago.

I'm mad as hell that E* didn't get FNC-HD in time for the election. They've got very limited time left to make this 11 year sub happy.

I've been around for 12+ years... as soon as D* offers a receiver that can compete with the 722- I'm gone.

I will stay at least until the end of my contract. After that we shall see which service best fits my needs. However... I cant imagine in any way possible that I would even consider going back to Comcast.

Locals are not my prob right now...but they would be if I switched..I am lucky enough to have great OTA reception, and E* seems to be the only service I can get that allows me to interface my OTA to DVR...if I was in a larger DMA ( Sioux City is like 130) I am still not sure I would change as my 622 allows me to record 2 from dish and 1 from OTA while watching another...if anyone can match that I will switch.

What a thread

How much longer will you be with Dish? Has anyone made a comment about the topic?
So now on with the amusement. Running joke in this area both D* & E* answer this question the same. Can I get locals: the answer is yes. Big caveat D* neglects to mention that they only supply 2.

Same here. I'm running 4 tv's with two receivers. No one else can do that currently.

don't know if u-verse is in your area but they came to my door (chicago) the other day and told me they can do multiple tvs with one box - and the box has 4 tuners. another attractive thing - is the guy said the box can automatically extend the recording of games-- what he didn't tell me is that those 4 tuners can only do 2 hd channels at a time! also, they don't have centre ice or MSG so that's a deal breaker for me -

I'll stay with E* at least untill D* gets
  1. Tivo HD DVR
  2. HBO ZONE
  3. HBO Comedy
  4. Action Max
  5. 5 Star Max
  6. @max
  7. Thriller Max
  8. Outer Max
In SD or HD I don't really care.
I Love E* HD DVRs , So I'll be sticking around for a while.

.I am lucky enough to have great OTA reception, and E* seems to be the only service I can get that allows me to interface my OTA to DVR.
Not sure about the cable DVRs, but Directv allows you to do this also. They have for some time now.

I thought OTA was a $50 or 60 option now. Unless you were lucky enough to get an older HR-20.
It is (although most generally dont have to pay for it). My point was, it can be done with D* also. His statement implied that he didnt know that or that it couldnt.

I see , Well don't for get that D* can't record 2 satellite and 1 OTA at the same time. Thats also something that he does. :p
That is true. He can only record two things at a time with D*. 2 OTA, or 2 SAT.

Technically you CAN record 3 if you count downloading a VOD at the same time.

Yes D* has a TON of FREE VOD. Thats something E* doesn't have much of.
They just need to make more of it in HD!!!

Honestly, I dont use it much. I looked through it last week just out of curiosity, and was suprised. There was alot more free HD VOD than they started off with (although, as I stated they need more), but I was really suprised with the amount of overall offereings that they have. There was ALOT on there.

I still wont use it much, but its an impressive offereing if thats what you are into

I have the HD Avsolute package with HBO, Starz, & the penny Cmax. If they raise the price of HD Absolute, I wll just drop Starz and maybe HBO, depending on how much they raise the Absolute Package. I will not pay more than I am paying now. Not in this economy.

But they made sure they carried the Obama channel.:rolleyes:

The Obama campaign paid to have that channel, just as they did to be on DirectTV as well. The McCain campaign was allowed the same deal, but couldn't or didn't want to pay for it.
Nice try there sparky. :rolleyes:

I didn't know Direct got the Obama channel...

But to answer the original question, my wife and I have already discussed dropping our service and just going back to OTA. I guess if there are price increases in Feb. then we will revisit that subject.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts