How much longer will you be with Dish?

I want to stay with Dish ... been a long time customer and gone through alot. I pay for everything package and really like the 3 HD DVRs I have and 1 SD DVR.

BUT:

I'm watching the NASCAR race and the sound keeps cutting out and I can't stand it. Dish said it will be fixed in 72 hours. I just noticed the commercials don't have an audio problem.

No local HD (can't get OTA here) with no solution scheduled.

No Voom (one of my favorites).

Looking at my options but I really want to stay but this audio problem is driving my wife and I nuts! I see what they say in 72 hours.

Thanks for letting me vent.

My shiny new Directv PVR and dish sit in the basement and I will install them soon. Without Voom, Dishnet is an also ran with less channels.

This all pains me. I really like the Dish box. It is user friendly, and above all, my wife can use it without complaint. My service is pretty reliable even in bad weather, so no complaints there. What I cannot stand is the fact that I watch all these other providers add HD Channels which I would love to have (FX, Fox News, Speed, etc.) and are the channels I normally watch. In fact, they are the only reason why I am not able to pull the trigger on the HD Only Packages, so I am paying much more than I would otherwise to have them. I love watching HD because it looks so good, but the shows I watch religiously are on those channels. I see our Direct friends getting them, and gosh darn it, I covet them with a passion.

It is a constant battle for me to stay with Dish, and it all boils down to content. They took away Voom, which I loved, and wasted bandwidth adding the Fishing Channel and other stupidity. I wish Charlie would throw me a bone. Add Voom back, or at least add some HD people actually watch, so I can at least hold out hope of getting the Fox or Viacom channels at some point. I bet if he saved his money on WFN and the other stupid deals he has made and taken that money to negotiate other, more demanded content, the outlook might not be so grim. I would much rather have fewer HD Channels with more compelling content, than a whole bunch that I have no desire to watch.

BTW, what ever happened to the 1080p On demand service? I think Speed Racer has been the only one on my box for about 3 months now. If only that money could have been used to negotiate with Fox.........

I will leave Dish as soon as AT&T Uverse is available in my area.

Good move. More channels(I'm watching ThrillerMax HD right now). I'm running 4 televisions with 1 hd dvr. The dvr is easier to use than the nice 622 I had. Customer service is outstanding and you can actually understand the csr's you are talking to. By bundling tv, internet, and phone I'm saving 75 a month from what I was paying when I had DISH(tv) Comcrap(internet) and AT&T(phone). I'm getting 14 off a month for a year, another 20 off for 6 months, 3 free months hd,and cash back. I just got 2 checks from AT&T for 100 and 40. Can you imagine Charlie sending you money?? And one more thing-NO CONTRACT!:up

Good move. More channels(I'm watching ThrillerMax HD right now). I'm running 4 televisions with 1 hd dvr. The dvr is easier to use than the nice 622 I had. Customer service is outstanding and you can actually understand the csr's you are talking to. By bundling tv, internet, and phone I'm saving 75 a month from what I was paying when I had DISH(tv) Comcrap(internet) and AT&T(phone). I'm getting 14 off a month for a year, another 20 off for 6 months, 3 free months hd,and cash back. I just got 2 checks from AT&T for 100 and 40. Can you imagine Charlie sending you money?? And one more thing-NO CONTRACT!:up

question on your box - how many hours does it hold?

question on your box - how many hours does it hold?

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. When I looked at FIOS a few months back, their HDDVR only held 20 hours of recordings plus cost $16 or $20 per month depending on the model in addition to the $58 for programming. My neighbor swore his power bill went up with all the boxes they added to his utility closet. :) The picture quality was awesome though.

Yes, inquiring minds want to know. When I looked at FIOS a few months back, their HDDVR only held 20 hours of recordings plus cost $16 or $20 per month depending on the model in addition to the $58 for programming. My neighbor swore his power bill went up with all the boxes they added to his utility closet. :) The picture quality was awesome though.

i had a salesman at my door the other day - u-verse sounded great till he told me the box only held 130 hours - also no Center Ice and no MSG - all three deal breakers for me - otherwise it sounded pretty good! one other thing i've read (but not confirmed) is that you can only record 2 HD shows at once-- the other two tuners would only be available in SD - is this true too?

I live on the West Coast. Att just signed a Contract with D*. As soon as it is offered by my phone company I'm gone. The new Direct TV/ Tivo box looks great. The reason why I'm leaving is the Sports packages. The only one left out of the big 4 is Hockey. I pay a lot of money to E* and I want programming. I'm tied of Charlie telling me what's good for me. The MLB EI was the breaker for me. And the funny thing is when you watch the new Turbo HD commericals, all the show is sports on the flying TV's. Football, baseball...... E* is the worst at Sports packeges. My local Comcast has more Sport packages the E*. My faith is gone and so is my loyality. 19 years with E*.

Until at least May 2010 when my current commitment runs out. I look at the cost and options of alternatives at that time. Until then, I have a few gripes, but not enough to ever consider the cost of jumping to an alternative.

Gripes: 1) Weak signal from the 129 bird; 2) Random black frames on some HD channels (many Starz HD); 3) Software glitches with my ViP211 software; 4) No FoxNews in HD.

Well in February I will be moving into my new abode and Dish may be gone.

I wish Charlie would wake up and run dish like he did 15 years ago with great customer service not the junk hi is offering now. It is a shame that direct TV took the time to upgrade their service and Dish did not.

I will stay with dish till february. I will see what they put me on after or if they get me off of Dish Abso, I kinda like dish, but where the hell are the new HD channels they keep saying by the end of the year? I dunno I have a friend who just got a new 46in Plasma 1080p TV and I am tryin to keep her on comcastic suckers. I told her to stay away from dish cause of all the crap they do. Do you know that Comcastic has better HD then dish? and I have a plasma tooo. I am willing to pay $180 dollars to leave dish and go around town and pay other people's early term fee to swith. I have been with dish for 9 yrs and dunno what to do. I have all the premium channels and all my HD package but it just does not feel right what dish is doing!!!

I have to wait until Frontier goes out of business and is bought by a company that will run fiber to the home.

Time warner will never get a penny from me for video service, and the scientific atlanta boxes are the biggest POS out there. 4:3 guides on a HD box is PATHETIC.