How much per month with receiver fees, etc?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

rufwork

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2010
Southeast US
Trying to figure out if I can stomach swapping from Dish, and the gotcha always seems to be the fees. Right now, I've got a single receiver (211k) with an external hard drive that, after my one-time payment, is a monthly fee free DVR. I pay only for programming.

For the 2-year deal at DirecTV, there seem to be a few fees. Let me look and see if I've got this right from the current as of today promo...

Advanced Receiver-DVR fee ($8/mo.) required for DVR lease.
Advanced Receiver-HD fee ($10/mo.) required for HD Receiver lease.
Advanced Receiver fee ($20/mo.) required for HD DVR and TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV lease.
TiVo service fee ($5/mo.) required for TiVo HD DVR from DIRECTV lease.
If you have two boxes or one box and an enabled TV, an additional $6/mo. fee applies.
For each additional box and/or enabled TV on your account you are charged an additional fee of $6/mo. per box and/or enabled TV.

If I want one receiver to one TV with HD, my fees are?

$8/mth for DVR
$10/mth for HD?
$20/mth total (?) in place of the $10+8/mth if I want HD DVR?

That sound right? $20 a month for HD and DVR in addition to the monthly charge for programming? Is that right?

I'd love to have the Ticket, but that's almost more than I pay a month for off-season content content with Dish. Makes Sunday Ticket on the PS3 look much more inviting after all.

Did I miss something?

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
if you have one receiver it is as such
$8 DVR fee
$10 HD fee

$10 HD credit with auto pay

I have a HR34 and the only "fee" I pay is $8 DVR fee

The $20 fee is for HD, DVR and multi-room viewing. You get a $1 discount off alacarte prices. But with one HD DVR that is not an option

rufwork

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2010
Southeast US
if you have one receiver it is as such
$8 DVR fee
$10 HD fee

$10 HD credit with auto pay

I have a HR34 and the only "fee" I pay is $8 DVR fee

The $20 fee is for HD, DVR and multi-room viewing. You get a $1 discount off alacarte prices. But with one HD DVR that is not an option

Gotcha. I wondered what the "All non-fee HD DVR customer" meant on the new promo. Any idea who that is?

Still, man, something about $8 a month for something Dish gives me for "free" irks me. Wonder if my old DVD-R still works... ;)

Thanks Iceberg, as usual!

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
The 211 is a regular HD receiver. Dish happened to give it software to have the ability to use a Hard Drive. (and you still paid a $40 fee to get that turned on)

If you get the HR34 you'll have 5 tuners to record stuff on. THe $8 is well worth it :)

as for the other
$10/mo. for 24 months
ENTERTAINMENT and above, OPTIMO MÁS ™ and above (Low-risk only), PREFERRED CHOICE™
Non-fee HD DVR customers only who enroll in and maintain qualifying package and Auto Bill Pa

The $10 HD credit

rufwork

SatelliteGuys Family
Jul 12, 2010
Southeast US
The 211 is a regular HD receiver. Dish happened to give it software to have the ability to use a Hard Drive. (and you still paid a $40 fee to get that turned on)

If you get the HR34 you'll have 5 tuners to record stuff on. THe $8 is well worth it :)

Yeah, I made sure I scare-quoted my claims of "free" for the EHD DVR. ;) Five tuners, you say...:popcorn That would be nice. I've been considering pulling my DB2 antenna from my smaller TV and putting it on the 211k so I could tape two shows at once. But five? Hel-lo.

Thanks again. It's going to be close.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts