This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

How much would it cost?

ClarkGable

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 23, 2010
NW Ohio
Hi all,

I searched a bit and didn't find exactly what I was looking for on this forum, so I was hoping someone here could help out.

We subscribed to Dish in 1998. We have owned every piece of Dish equipment we ever used. We currently have a Dish 500 (legacy LNBs) and a a 625 DVR. We receive a mailed bill every month.

I'm hoping to convince the wife how badly we need an HDTV, and if successful, we will need HD from Dish. If I were to go to an HD DVR like the 722, I know I will need a new dish to hit all three satellites.

How much will Dish want to install a new dish, and how much more will I pay monthly for the leased DVR? Any other fees I should be aware of? Also, will Dish want to take my owned 625? Granted I won't need it, but I paid for it.

I suspect I'll have to pay the $99 HD free for life fee (there's an oxymoron) or go to CC autopay. I would like to avoid the autopay if at all possible!

The cheaper all this is, the more likely wifey will okay it. Thanks for any help you can offer.

welcome

from what I have read it would be $95 if you do not have the protection plan or $15 if you do for the tech to install a new dish

Would you just replace the 625 with a 722 or keep both? If replace then no extra charge. The only thing you would be charged is the $6 DVR fee which you already are charged
If you add the receiver, then its another $17 for the dual tuner DVR

Primary receiver (would be 722) is included in programming fees. So the question is would you keep alive the 625, given it would have a monthly fee of $17 (dual SD or HD) IIRC? In Ohio, you may also want the Eastern Arc (61.5 72.7 77) for which the 625 will not get much, if anything, unless you keep a second dish for 110 119, too. Or choose WA (110 119 129) for both if 129 is good.
-Ken

Thanks for the great info, guys. Even with a $95 install, that wouldn't be too bad. I could buy a dish and install that myself, since I did the previous ones. Of course, the dish would likely cost me $50 or so, so having someone else do the work for $95 might be worth it. I would deactivate the 625 and probably sell it.

I think I'm going to need the Western Arc since our HD locals are on 129 (Fort Wayne, IN).

This looks pretty promising!

It's going to be more than $95. That's just the technician visit fee. There will still be a receiver upgrade fee of $100 or $200. If you add the service plan it will be a $15 tech visit fee.